Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

need some advice on a boost controller. I got a 89 supra turbo and I am planning to run more boost over the summer. Wanted to see suggestions of what boost controller I should look into? Also it would be nice if you can tell me what boost controller you run and why did you chose it (such as functions or easiness to use). Thanks to anyone that can help.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
If you wanna save some cash check out Hallmans MBC. I have one and it holds boost very well. $70 for some more power and confidence

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use the Turbosmart dualstage boost controller,two settings at a flick of a switch but a boost gauge is a must of course.

Not as good as a electronic obviously but does a great job at a quater of the price:agreed:

·
Registered
320 Posts
i've had bad luck with manula boost controllers on mk3's. especially with stock fuel cut. the greddy profec b spec 2 is the best and easiest to use and install. best bang for the buck. the apexi is great, but alot more complicated to ues until you get used to it.

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
I'm going to purchase a Profec-B so thats my opinion. Really good at keeping spiking to a minimum from tests I've seen (although they were the first gen)

·
Gripless EGO
81 Posts
Turbo XS MBC, working fine for me. bought it for 70$

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if i was to get the greddy one. would i need a boost gauge or does the boost controller come with a built in digital gauge? just wondering

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
i made a thread with pics on my install of a blitz sbc-id III, but for a short little blurb, the only wires to hook up are a power and ground, and took me a grand total of 35 minutes to install, works awesome as well and have had zero problems with it.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i wanna keep it safe so i am going to get an ebc. hey rob and kracin thanks for the help and the info. i think my top choices right now are the blitz or the greddy.

·
1FSTBLK
495 Posts
Just get the greddy one you been wanting that n i found you a good deal plus you can get a boost gauge from ur work.

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
'

not to double post, but that is definately not better than an ebc my friend. i ran one of the exact style and function that i bought from drjonez, granted it was good for running up to 12-14 psi, but if you go any higher you want an ebc all the way.
I didn't say better, i said more responsive and best bang for buck, I been running 20# for like 2 years on it

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
I used to run a cheap Ebay MBC on my 1JZ for some time, and it worked very well. I just went with an EBC because I wanted to be able to adjust it from the driver's seat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts