Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen pictures of boost controllers nicely installed in the dash and was wondering how exactly do you support the controller (or turbo timer for that matter) to keep it from moving around in the dash hole. I was planning on placing it next to the traction control switch.

Also, does anyone know which selector dip-switch settings should be used (actuator or external wastegate type) on a ProfecB boost controller?

Thanks for your help!!

·
966 Posts
Here is the way I mounted my Blitz FATT and Blitz DSBC in the Blitz DIN panel. It fits nicely underneath a single-DIN head unit and can also hold an (odd-sized) 43 mm gauge. It came with a piece of vinyl that covers up the entire face and you cut out holes where you are mounting componenets.

Hope this helps . . .

·
966 Posts
Here's another . . .

·
Registered
207 Posts
BikerTrash said:

Also, does anyone know which selector dip-switch settings should be used (actuator or external wastegate type) on a ProfecB boost controller?

Thanks for your help!!
actuator for a MKIV Supra with stock twins

B

·
0 Posts
Hey, HoustonT,
Do you know any place that does a good interior job for Supras in houston ??
Thomas Kenyon's store in San Antonio does an excellent job, but driving there everytime i need to do some mods is not quite practical!

Thx ..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ProfecB

Anyone with suggestions on where in the engine compartment to place the underhood controller for a ProfecB. It's pretty big, and hits the hood if placed by the shock mount as suggested at MKIV.com.
The instructions also say to place it with the hoses pointing up. Has anyone used it with it on its "back" without problems?

·
966 Posts
Again, I have the DSBC, but this is where my solenoid unit is mounted. I used an unoccupied hole that the stock intake bolted into. The bolts that came with the DSBC were exactly the same threading/pitch as the hole. You will not run into any hood clearance problems here.

That hole is not shown in the picture, but it is under the rubber IC piping where the red circle is. The left hand side of the unit is zip-tied to a bracket and so far, so good. You want to mount your controller as close to the actuator and 1st turbo as possible to prevent boost creep. My hoses are probably a bit too long at around ~16" each, but I have not run into any creep issues yet.

·
966 Posts
Here is another pic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts