Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching and reading around for a good hour, but couldn't find the answer to my question. Searched "boost cut" and "boost limiter".

Anyways, I was cruising on a local highway the other night at around 80mph I punched the gas. Once I built boost and the rpms shot up my car began to "cut off". The car would jolt forward slightly then cut then jolt forward again then cut rapidly and repeatedly. No warning light came on, it just wouldn't pull if i floored it. This was different from my other experience with "boost cut". Awhile back when I had first installed my DP, I tried flooring it at 80mph also. That time, the turbos spooled quickly with a forward leap and kept pulling until 120mph, where i heard a "THUG" and the warning light came on, gas shut off for a few seconds. After a couple seconds the light went off and I had control of the gas again...the car seemed fine. I'm wondering if this new occurance is because of the boost limiter. So ultimately, my question is: What exactly happens to the car when you reach boost level and don't have a bcc? Are my past two experiences more than likely caused by that? And will my current problem with the "cut and go, cut and go" condition of my car be solved by installing a bcc?

I appologize in advance for the lengthy post.
My mods:
-hks super dragger exhaust
-3'' dp
-hks smf intake
-hks ssq bov

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it's 'cause of the bcc not being present at the time. It jolts as you drive pass 80mph because the level of boost is high and there's no limit to the gas, whereas if a bcc were present. IMO

·
Registered
885 Posts
what up man. when you install the BCC, you have to tap some wires into your turbo pressure sensor on your intake manifold. when i was bpu, i forgot to connect the the turbo pressure sensor, because i was "T"ing the vaccum line on the turbpressure sensor for the boost gauge. so with the turbo pressure disconnected, meaning the BCC was disabled, i was just as good as if i didnt have a BCC. so i went to test out my boost gauge, floored it a couple times and i would never pass 1bar, i had the same exprience of when you were cutting and jolting, cutting and jolting, i never had the exprience of when it shuts off the fuel fully. i also DONT believe it should cut off the fuel fully because thats just not safe. come over my house some weekend, i'll help you install it. bring a voltmeter if you have one. otherwise, get your bro or someone else to install the BCC quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts