Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend's mkiv is on bpu now, but only running about 0.8bar, it's about right, but the problem is there is not cut, i donot have experience on boost cut before, because the first mod i did is bcc,

is anyone know if we put bcc will run more boost?

thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to say. My translation of your question is: If I install a BCC on my friends car that currently runs at .8 bar, will the boost pressure increase?
The answer to the question is no. In order to increase the boost pressure, you must bleed off air going to the wastegate. The BCC only tricks the computer into not shutting down the car when boost goes above approximately 13.5 psi. BCC does not raise the boost pressure, it just allows the boost pressure to be raised over 13.5 psi by other means.

John B.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mistersolo said:
I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to say. My translation of your question is: If I install a BCC on my friends car that currently runs at .8 bar, will the boost pressure increase?
The answer to the question is no. In order to increase the boost pressure, you must bleed off air going to the wastegate. The BCC only tricks the computer into not shutting down the car when boost goes above approximately 13.5 psi. BCC does not raise the boost pressure, it just allows the boost pressure to be raised over 13.5 psi by other means.

John B.
thanks for your translation, but what i am try to ask it,

what is the feeling about the boost cut,

my friend doesnot have bcc now, it's bpu, and running about 0.8 bar, and there is no boost cut,
wonder if i put bcc on, his car will run more than 0.8 bar,

i am gonna do that anyway, but just make sure nothing is wrong on his car,

thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Newguy said:

my friend doesnot have bcc now, it's bpu, and running about 0.8 bar, and there is no boost cut,

thanks
Boost cut happens when you go above 14psi for more than 3 seconds. The car will feel like it suddenly lost power and your MIL light should go on. 0.8 bar(max) on a BPU Supra is not right, that's only about 11.38 psi, your friend isn't even close to boost cut. Sounds like your friend is about go to through the dreaded boost leak phase.

Do a search for "boost leak" in this section, this will help you get started in tracking down the problem.

D

·
0 Posts
Newguy said:

thanks
The car fells like it fall flat on its face. Kind of like you hit a brick wall.

Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for reply,
we just put bcc last night, and he kit .95 bar, very close to 1 bar on second gear,

but the bad new is, his car is shut off in the middle of the road, and now, the car can start, but once accelerate to above 3k rpm, and when the rpm drop, the car will shut off no matter in the middle of the road or idling,

help please, i have no idea what is going on, i tried to take the bcc away, it still happens,
and my friend ask toyota dealer to check, but they said need to be charged about 4 hr first for checking,
i told him to hold till i can get answer from here,

:mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chicago///M3 said:
Does the car smoke and idle terribly?
nope, but he just told when he puts his Blitz BOV before, the hose goes in the bov can't connect to the throttle body, or it happens like this before, that's why he puts that bov hose away, i am double checking all the hoses for him, feel like the throttle body problem, or some sort of fuel cut,

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts