Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
=====JINUS
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It never happened before.

I haven't changed or upgraded anything, just waked her up in 1 week.

As i said in the title, she hits a full boost 1.1bar in near 4k and holds it all way down to 5k.

BUT, after 5k, the boost just drops to around 0.8bar and feel like she is loosing all the power.

What make it can be? bad plugs? bad turbo? boost leak?

Please help me out guys!!

[The problem happens again, not for the AVC-R BCC, please look at last thread i wrote]

·
Registered
53 Posts
someone stole your kilowatts!

jinus said:
It never happened before.

I haven't changed or upgraded anything, just waked her up in 1 week.

As i said in the title, she hit a full boost 1.1bar in near 4k and hold it all way down to 5k.

BUT, after 5k, the boost just drops to around 0.8bar and feel like she is loosing all the power.

What make it can be? bad plugs? bad turbo? boost leak?

Please help me out guys!!
What boost contoller are you running? i know with the avcr i the duty is messed with this could easily happen. Doesnt sound like a boost leak otherwise you would have never hit 1.1bar.

·
=====JINUS
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh..~~!!

yes, I have apexi AVC-R. just disconnected battery for some reason and it happened..

Should I just reset the unit? will it be ok?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Avcr

jinus said:
Oh..~~!!

yes, I have apexi AVC-R. just disconnected battery for some reason and it happened..

Should I just reset the unit? will it be ok?
The unit will be fine, but you may have to set it up again.

Did you originally set up the avcr yourself or did you get a shop to do it?

For a basic set up go into setting A (below monitor)

(Then in the boost duty menu)

Set boost at 1.1bar then at a guess set your boost duty to 70%. Take your car out for a run and hammer the throttle... If it overboosts past 1.1 bar lower the boost duty i.e 65%. If it doesnt hit 1.1 bar set it higher i.e 72%.

Keep adjusting the boost duty till max boost hit becomes 1.1bar. The rest of the settings i.e start boost etc dont really need to be touched untill your confident with the unit.

Once you set up the unit again i think your problems will be solved.
regards Tim.

·
=====JINUS
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much..........Tim

Yes, i bought it new one long time ago, and set by myself followed mkiv.com

well, i will reset the unit and reconfigure the duty cycle after rain stop.

Then, i will let you know

Thanks again

·
Registered
53 Posts
2ezy

No worries man i'm glad i could help, i just recently became one with my avcr and my car is going heaps better now.

I like that when the rain stops... Dont you know that your car has 2000hp at the treads in the rain

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Good job, Tim!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Your welcome

jinus said:
Reset The Unit And Everything Is Normal

Boost Well Hold Until Redline

Thank You Very Much Tim
Glad its all good man,

Happy Boosting :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
jinus said:
Reset The Unit And Everything Is Normal

Boost Well Hold Until Redline

Thank You Very Much Tim
glad everything worked out for you. How did you reset the unit? did you do it at the controller with a master reset or did you disconnect the battery.

just curious, when you shift from like 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th, does your boost go back to where it is. For example, boost controller is set at 1.2 bar, in 2nd gear you floor it, it goes up to 1.2 then when you shift to 3rd, does it go back to 1.2 or does it go to like 1.17 and what not. well let mek now. thanks.

·
=====JINUS
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pepsitt said:
glad everything worked out for you. How did you reset the unit? did you do it at the controller with a master reset or did you disconnect the battery.
To reset the unit, just etc -> initialize -> yes
then, turn off the ignition and turn on

now, the unit reset.

pepsitt said:
just curious, when you shift from like 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th, does your boost go back to where it is. For example, boost controller is set at 1.2 bar, in 2nd gear you floor it, it goes up to 1.2 then when you shift to 3rd, does it go back to 1.2 or does it go to like 1.17 and what not. well let mek now. thanks.
Well, I didn't really eye on the level of boost exactly, but you can adjust +/- level on each gear level boost option in AVC-R in order to get more precise level

·
Registered
382 Posts
as of right now, I have my gear disable so the only thing I am adjusting is through the boost setting with duty. what do you have your feedback setting at?

·
Registered
382 Posts
thanks for the info. One more thing if you don't mind. Before you first start your car in the morning (insert key and wait til you see your boost), what does your boost read? my is at around -9 through -10. Let me know. Thanks.

·
=====JINUS
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MAN!!

The problem happened again even thought i initialized the AVC-R.

well, it does normal boosting for first 1 or 2 runs since the car starts.
That's why i believe i fix the problem after initializing the AVC-R.

Regardless of the BCC, she runs fine first 1 -2 runs but soon drops the boost after 5k rpm.

Yes, I checked all vacuum hoses and also converted to TCC mode to see if it works, but overall it does same thing.

Please help out my problem guys ~~^^

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had the very same problem with my car,
when i boosted high, 1.5bar the car dropped down to 1bar past 5000rpms and gave me a feeling of hitting a wall all poweer where gone.
i have greddys tvvc manual bc so nothing wrong there, BUT i had stock intercooler wich was the problem, i had a samll leak in the ic
i suggest that you do a system leak test before you do anything else

i changed to a greddy 3row and got all my boost back to the redline, maybe you need to do it aswell?

·
Let's go Phils
624 Posts
This may be silly, but did you check your clutch? I had the same problem when I was bpu. It would boost up until 5 then back off then go back up. It turned out to be the clutch.....hope this helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts