Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i got my spec stage 3 broken in and so i cranked up the boost till fuel cut.
im one of the lucky few that can get 14psi! WOOT!!! well, after i punch it it goes to 14 and stays for a while and then falls off to 13,12,11 and stays.

what i was wondering, can i shim the wastegate and it will stay?
i got a mbc.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i'm pretty sure that's just normal for the CT-26, espescially with stock IC and pipes.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone else know?
why would it fall off anyway? just wondering

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Hmm... I haven't heard that before..

All I know is I'm running 17 psi all day on mine, and at about 4500 it drops to 15. That is on a cool night.

I hit and hold 15 all day long with 60-70º weather.

That is with stock CT/stock intercooler/MBC.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well...i shimmed my wastegate with washers from the stock head bolts. 1 on each side.
boost holds!

but im getting kinda scared to though cuz i havent seen fuel cut yet.
when i get it fixed i will take a pic of my boost. its like at 15 1/2 when i punch it and then it goes down to like 14 1/2 then 14.
it was about 75° last night.

last night i went out and boosted it and it pulled crazy and then i poped off my 3000 pipe to my throttle body and it was late and i coasted to my house for like a 1 mile!!
i havent fixed it yet.

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
330 Posts
You must either be really lucky or have an innaucurate boost gauge! That is alot of pressure for the stock turbo to pound out - sounds like you need to fab up some hardpipes. I hope you don't boost like that all the time.

·
Banned
163 Posts
I wouldn't run that much boost on a stock CT w/ stock IC pipes just not efficient and more importantly you run the risk of running lean with the stock fuel system! I run no more than 13psi with the stock fuel system, i.e. pump FPR and that restrictive J-tube. But thats my preference.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i turned it down to 12 but will prolly turn it up for a race or something. i need to get rid of my intercooler pipes i know. when i get my SSQV im gonna try and make some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts