Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I did search for info about doing a boost gauge install, but I couldnt really find any pics or anything. Is there a write-up or some good detailed instructions on how to completely install a boost gauge. I've read a bunch of posts on installs, but none are complete. Pics would really be the best for me right now as my car is like 2 hours away from me. So I just want to prepare and get everything together for when I go back home for the summer. If anybody's got anything, please let me know. Thank you!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
pretty easy all you do is splice into a good vacuum hose with the suplied hose coming from the boost gauge, and then do your normal positive, and ground connections....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, have any pics of what vac hose to splice into. And would I do it with one of those white plastic tee's that they have a regular auto store?

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
doesnt having the spliced vacuum line the closest to the throttle body the better?

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Fletch124 said:
doesnt having the spliced vacuum line the closest to the throttle body the better?
The reading would be the same, though you may get a slightly faster response if it's closer to the TB, but I bet you won't notice much of a difference.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No install pictures but one of gauge installed in place of lighter.

[

·
Registered
101 Posts
i used the little one that comes around the driver side corner of the engine bay out of the boost sensor and it runs along the bay. mine works great

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yo, The Vacuum tube coming out of the Intake Manifold near the back fire wall, cut it, get a "T" fitting, connect the "t" fitting into the Vacuum hose you cutted, and then connect the Boost gauge hose into the "t" fitting. Thats all there is to it, Yes its that easy. Trust your self man.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Toyota's never used Alpine stuff, also, the surround is cut, not factory. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't know about radio but i guess not it was in the car when imported from japan the surround was trimmed back slightly for the boost gauge(after removing the centre of the lighter hole), the trim around the radio is as factory as far as i can tell as it is not the trim from this car it was taken from a uk spec car to same cutting up mine.

·
Registered
899 Posts
any gauge for reeding vacuum / boost pressure MUST be directly in to the intake plenum. Not on the TB its self or not on other lines running to vacuum switches. Just save your self headaches. This applies in general to any car application. always directly to a manifold hose.

IE. the one at the back of the manifold with a single black small hose on it near the firewall.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Checked mine earlier and it is plumbed into the line to the cruise control it is a hard plastic line from the manifold on my 1G

·
Addicted to Boost
336 Posts
damn this is great , im bout to do my gauge on my 1G aswell ...now that answered some questions for me ....lmk if that is the correct hose, thanks

jason

1 - 20 of 24 Posts