Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - finally got my Defi Guages installed last weekend but the boost guage just sits there and twitches.

It goest through the entire 'opening ceremony' without a glitch so I at least no the electronics are wired properly...but when I start the car and drive it around (definately in boost) the guage just sits at zero and twitches...

Any suggestions on what I did wrong?
I'm going to check the T connection where I hooked up the vacume hose...looking at the directions on MKIV.com it is pretty ambiguous as to where it should be hooked up...so I'm guessing I made a mistake here.

Anybody have a photo of where they added their T connection?

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
flash_e_gt said:
Hey guys - finally got my Defi Guages installed last weekend but the boost guage just sits there and twitches.

It goest through the entire 'opening ceremony' without a glitch so I at least no the electronics are wired properly...but when I start the car and drive it around (definately in boost) the guage just sits at zero and twitches...

Any suggestions on what I did wrong?
I'm going to check the T connection where I hooked up the vacume hose...looking at the directions on MKIV.com it is pretty ambiguous as to where it should be hooked up...so I'm guessing I made a mistake here.

Anybody have a photo of where they added their T connection?
Ekow,

It should pull off any vacuum line on the intake. Now, I wonder if you have a vacuum leak that is causing this. You can boost check it to verify and you can switch to a mechancial guage to see if its the sending unit.

DP

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody else has had this issue?
Thats not good....

·
Hardtop >
1,139 Posts
Maybe your boost sensor is no good? Or maybe you arent getting a constant vacuum source where you hooked up your vac hose from the boost sensor?

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
Por2geezSupra said:
Maybe your boost sensor is no good? Or maybe you arent getting a constant vacuum source where you hooked up your vac hose from the boost sensor?
:werd: Where exactly did you hook up the vac line? Are you sure you didn't hook it up imporperly? No leaks?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll post a pic when I get home.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked the hoses - they were wrong....and I fixed them.
Can someone explain to me what level of boost would be normal?
I hit 1 Bar during my test cruise
-Ekow

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Power Adders = RMM DP, HKS-SuperDragger, BCC, K&N Filter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts