Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Never fast enough
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This questions most likely been asked before but the search is not working. i put a boost guage in my 94tt and i was wondering if i hooked it in to the right spot. i tapped into the stock intercooler pipe. my guage shows no vacum. where do i but the line in order to get vacume and boost. I have a hks SSQV if that helps. Thanks

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
correct, you have it installed before the throttle body, you need it installed after the throttle body, best place is to tap off the stock pressure sensor line.

·
Never fast enough
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SupraDupaFlyBoy said:
correct, you have it installed before the throttle body, you need it installed after the throttle body, best place is to tap off the stock pressure sensor line.
i there any way that someone might have a picture of the pressure sensor line. i am not sure what line that is if not i might be able to find in the supra repair manuals. Thanks

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
its on the side of the intake manifold between (engine side), the sensor has a vacuum line running to it and a 2 wire clip, should be the only SENSOR with a vacuum line running to it. any vacuum line running off the intake manifold will work though.

·
Never fast enough
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is where i hooked it up to i now reads about 20-22 on the vacume side and then only about 6 lbs or less through 1st-3rd and then when i hit the gas it goes up to about 10 but only in 4-6.

Or should i have hooked it up to here. Will the boost guage be less accurate hooked up to read both.

·
town rapist
79 Posts
Where you have it hooked up now is fine. You're pointing to a plug in the pic, correct? If you're talking about the wires coming from the back of the boost gauge then those are just for the lighting. Your boost gauge is mechanical, not electronic. Hook up the ground for the boost gauge and then connect the power wire from the boost gauge to a switched power source on the car such as the clock,etc.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
any line running DIRECTLY off the intake manifold (nothing in between) and after the throttle body will do just fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts