Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have a Uk-spec that i have converted from auto to manual and also swapped the uk engine with a jdm engine (engine and gearbox came from the same car)

We also fitted the speed4sale us hybrids. changed every vacuum hose on the turbo side and the 2 lines from the pressure tank.

in seq. 2nd turbo does not come on in temp ttc mode it only holds 0.5 bar.
So i've ruled out the 2 vsv that are bypassed..

the kit is used, but bearly.. really as new.. So i haven't checked the actuators (will do as soon as i get a mittyvac thing here in norway;-)

checked the lines to the map senor and the other bits on the intake-side (i Think;-)

feel like i'm going in circles.. reading, checking, testing, looking, reading, looking, reading, testing, checking, reading...

Must say i feel enlighten in many ways after reading, but completely blind aswell:confused:

A broken man needs help;-)

Philip

·
Registered
568 Posts
1. A boost leak test needs to be done if you haven't already done so.
2. Check all your vacuum hoses, one may be split or cracked or broken.
3. Check the internal wastegate actuator rods are not stuck in the open position.

I'm sure a few others will chime in with more information about the sequential system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
took of the line to the iacv actuator after a drive, no airin the system.. just absolute silence...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to rule out this..

The heavy duty actuator only have one connection, so fitted the line from the turbo to the actuator and blanked off the line from the VSV.. is this wrong? anyone with the STU USDM hybrids with the HD actuator?

·
Registered
568 Posts
So if you're not seeing any pressure in the system that leads me to believe your pressure tank may not be holding any pressure as required.

Have you checked the pressure tank?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its my next on the to do list:) i'm thinking the same thing.. since the seq. system doesent work, low boost on ttc and no pressure in the system after stopping.. crossing my fingers;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts