Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I am having a slight problem with my setup. Currently running proefi with 6870 PTE and the car pulls amazing and on the Dynojet with 28 PSI ( Iboost Setting 5) it put down 830WHP. But after a couple of spirited pulls the car struggles to make 20 PSI.

I park it and let it sit for 20 minutes get back in and its perfectly fine. Do a couple of runs and it does the same thing again.

On the Dyno we can not duplicate it for some reason. I Change all the Couplers and clamps so there is no boost leaks.

Any idea's ?

Car temp is between 185-190
E85 content over 80%

I think the reason they can't duplicate it on the dyno is because the hood is open and it does not get hot enough. I am almost positive its the Boost control solenoid but my tuner Ian at FSR seems to think it's something else. Its a 4 port Solenoid but according to many people I spoke with they say those solenoids hardly go bad

They ran it 40x on the dyno back to back to back without any issues but on the street I can only get in a few pulls.

·
Registered
356 Posts
My first guess would be intercooler heat soak. Is the wastegate opening ? If the gate is opening when it shouldn't then it's controller related if not I'd look into the intercooler setup. Maybe as something gets hot it expands and forms a boost leak is another option.

·
Registered
738 Posts
If you could share your ignition setup that would be helpful.I would check for weak spark.(weak coilpacks?wrong spark plugs?gap?igniter)

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Keep an eye on fuel pressure... Make sure ProEFI isn't saving your engine by dropping boost due to loss of fuel pressure... I'm not sure why this would be the case if you've ran it long enough on the dyno, but just a thought...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts