Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BTW, someone should write a faq on this topic. I know it's quite a common problem.

Anyways, the other day it happened to rain and I was on pretty much slick tires in the rear. So driving 60 on the freeway I still managed to lose control of the rear and spin and do a little love tap with the wall of dirt on the right side. No body damage.. just a scratched up front bumper. Luckily I hit no cars.

This managed to knock off a hose somewhere and put my car into limp mode. (uneven idle, can't go faster than 20, lots of black smoke from running rich as a pig) I looked under the engine bay for a loose hose somewhere and was unable to find any.

Any ideas on what happened? Maybe I hit the dirt harder than I thought? I doubt the intercooler has a leak.

·
Registered
240 Posts
since u did a little love tap with your right front.... I would suggest u check your stock intercooler since thats where it sits... and since the stock intercooler has a PLASTIC endtank I check that to see if its messed up from your love tap on the car... it might be cracked or completely loose... thats where I would start checking.... maybe the hose came out completely.... good luck...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts