Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago, I noticed while glancing down at my boost gauge the car spiked at 1 bar and dropped to .6-.7 bar right away, but next time I accelerated, it didn't do this, so I just forgot about it.

I did the wastegate spring mod last week, and it was holding boost rock solid until redline, boosting 1-1.1 bar until redline.

Today, I noticed while accelerating it spikes at 1 bar right when the second turbo kicks in, then immediately drops off until .6-.7 bar until redline. There is no white smoke coming out of the exhaust, and there is no death whine - but there is a slight burning smell...but this has been there for a few weeks.

Did I blow the #1 turbo possibly, or do I just have a major boostleak somewhere?

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
827 Posts
you def didn't blow ur first turbo. you still read boost when the car is under pressure right? i really don't know what it could be, but i blew my first turbo not to long ago and my car is slow as hell and reads no boost on my boost gauge.

·
Registered
967 Posts
MarcSMT said:
Sequential, BC.
hmm :-( so your wastegate vsv is out of the question? I had a bad one and it was causing that prob, have you tried temp ttc to see if it stops the falling? Id say do a leak test first, then try temp ttc. Doesnt boost falling on its face like that either indicate a leak/wastegate prob?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
honda_s2001 said:
hmm :-( so your wastegate vsv is out of the question? I had a bad one and it was causing that prob, have you tried temp ttc to see if it stops the falling? Id say do a leak test first, then try temp ttc. Doesnt boost falling on its face like that either indicate a leak/wastegate prob?
I just recently did the wastegate spring mod, could that cause problems?

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
I know i used to have boosting problems but that was causei kept blowing off vacuum hoses and the 2nd turbo wasnt coming online. Have you check all your hoses, and plumbing? I would assume you have, but some you dont notice.

Alex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts