Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a pressure test today, and air is coming from the front of the valve cover, where it is cracked. I've known about it being slightly cracked for awhile, but should a ton of air be blowing through there in a boost leak test? What does this mean? Valve stem seal job was done 2-3 months ago.

·
OCC
897 Posts
try removing the pcv valve and plugging it... then test it again. Let us know what u find. =)

·
OCC
897 Posts
Where's the air going during a leakdown test? Air could be passing past the rings.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
My friend just went through this deal on his and alot of air was coming from his valve cover when he did a boost leak test. I replaced it a couple of weeks ago and his car is running good again and holding boost.

·
Registered
382 Posts
so a leaky valve cover can cause you to not hold boost? and you actually lose boost as well?? how hard is it to replace the valve cover...is there a guide somewhere? any tips and suggestion. I know one is not to overtighten them or else you will crack the valve cover...let me know. Thanks.

·
Administrator
4,972 Posts
When the motor is cold (and maybe at all times) and you do a boost leak test, you will probably get some are coming out of the oil filer. If it is coming out of the actual valve cover, then it would warrant a new gasket and/or cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts