Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced a bad oe bov with a new one from toyota.. now i get 4.5-5 lbs of boost up from the 4 lbs i got before i replaced the bov. It get about 5 @ 3500 and goes down to ~4.8 @ 5500, i nerver boost unless i go above at lest 3500. The car sounds just fine too.. could it be a boost leak someware, and does that mean i have to take it some ware so they could check. Also im sure the ECU need to be changed out, if i leave it unpluged for about a min the car starts right up (i tryed the EFI fuse and disconnecting the battery, never works.. only unpluging the ECU)

I'm afrade an N/A might beat me :run:

88 turbo supra 5 sp

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
replace all vacum lines and exhaust manifold gasket, check all IC piping & manifold gaskets, i have the same problem its my exhaust manifold and alot of vac lines i will be tackling

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
If the car sounds a little loud, then it's your exhaust mani. If it sounds like a jet, and runs good, then it's probably your vacume hose going from the intake part of the turbo to intercooler. Probably cracked. Mine was the same way. I would get like 4-5lbs of boost with a good BOV, I replaced my turbo to intercooler hose and it boosted like 6.5 after that

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thx i'll get on that. Sawblades are awsome.. dont wiegh shit!! #uck rotating mass.

Edit: you mean the hose off the actuator right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts