Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I now actually have a Supra in my driveway and can move from reading everythig I can about them to actual experience - woohoo! car is everything the seller said and I'm lovin' it.

But, a question and one I've also asked the seller (who's not had time to reply I'm sure). This car has NO boost controller on it and I don't believe the seller ever mentioned a BCC. The ApexI boost gauge is showing as high as 1.3Bar and when I checked the peak\hold displayed 1.5Bar. I've NOT felt it hit the boost cut and this boost reading seems high to be. I'm ASSuming that 1bar is 14PSI - am I right? If so, why the raised boost?

Mods are as follows:
  • K&N filter\intake
  • Catless downpipe
  • HKS Exhaust
  • No BCC that I'm aware of but I've not dug around yet
  • Other things that have no bearing on boost ;)
Pretty much just a freeflowing exhaust with no restriction. It's not terribly loud though. Is the freeflowing exhaust what's bringing boost up or do I need to look elsewhere? Car runs incredibly strong but I do NOT want to kill the stock turbos! I had wanted to limit myself to 18PSI max but if I'm bumping 1.5Bar I'm pretty sure I'm over that - not cool.

Heelp!

P.S. It's WAY cold here, like 30degrees and now dropping as the sun goes down. I expect higher boost in the cold with no controller but I'd have thought boost cut would've occured at 1Bar, yes?

·
0 Posts
Make sure the original owner didnt run any free boost mods like the ones on MKIV.com. It is easy to check by checking that all the hoses havent been tampered with.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Found it!

He got back to me quuicker than I expected - a hose is pulld :) I'll put it back down to stock for now - boy does it pull HARD right now though. Just panicked a little is all - whew.

[Update] Yup, with some help from MKIV.com and some poking around I spotted it. I'm puzzled as to why I didn't hit boost cut though - looked like the wastegate hose was pulled :eek: No highway pulls though, at least since I got it. Peak\hold had been at 1.4Bar which is okay for short term I suppose but NOT something I wish to run everyday. Why didn't Boost Cut occur?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts