Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just recently purchased a 93 na- supra...And i want to upgrade to turbo...so, I was looking into Boost logic stage 1 na-t kit..Also with that I was going to purchase 6 rc engineering 660cc injectors...I had a few questions???

Question 1: Does the kit im buying include the intercooler...becasue it only says ic piping? heres the link..

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/bonatukit93s.html

Question 2: Electronics wise, what will I need? New boost controller, Turbo timer, new maf, etc?? What would be the best items for all of these and what else would I need??

Thanks for reading, and I hope u can answer my questions.

Sincerely, Matt

· Speed limits = Guidelines
2,352 Posts
yes, that kit does come with an intercooler...its shown in the picture here

http://www.boostlogic.com/xcart/product.php?productid=91&cat=19&page=1

ur gonna need something to manage ur fuel...whether you get a piggyback, or go the more expensive route and get a standalone...I have AEM EMS on mine...most will tell you to get the standalone upfront and not waste time and money with a piggyback, but lots of people are perfectly happy with the piggyback...

it really depends on ur power goals...how much are u aimin for?

· Speed limits = Guidelines
2,352 Posts
i dont have a turbo timer myself, but i have a water cooled ballbearing turbo, not really necessary, at least thats what ive heard...thats good if u get a journal bearing turbo though, which i think is what comes with the kit unless you tell them otherwise

and boost controller is a must have for that kind of power, since u wont be operating at the minimum spring pressure on the wastegate...I have an AEM Truboost controller on mine

with that kind of power goal ur probly gonna want a standalone, AEM, Haltec, Motec...theres a ton of em out there...

problem is with the stage 1 kit is doesnt come with the thicker headgasket...to get 500 ponies ull either have to get the gasket, change TT pistons, switch to race fuel, or retard the timing...ull get preignition and most likely badly damage ur engine without doing one of those...assumming u didnt, and wanted to keep ur boost in a safe area for stock compression, u probly wont get past 350 hp

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
im making 450rwhp with the BL stage II kit right now. i have the AEM EMS (which i dont regret getting over the SAFCII) but i do have plans for atleast 750rwhp in a litle bit.....so i duno. Supragreg on here is running the daveH kit wiht an SAFC and made right at 400rwhp, which im sure you could easily make 450 with the right mods.

buti agree, even though you could get by with a piggy back, a stand alone would probably ultimatley not be a bad option.

as far as boostcontroller, its all a matter of preference... im running a daily 16psi which is also my current max i can run. SO im just running it off of the waste gate spring (i ordered a 16psi spring) so the car is always at 16 psi, with a boost controller you can alter what boost level your car runs. I do however have a Greddy Profec B spec II electronical boost controller, its just currently off while im running off of the spring.

you will not be disasppointed with the BL kit. Turbo timer would be handy, but if you are rarely in a hurry, and have 30-40 extra seconds to sit in your car when you reach your destination, you dont need one... i dont have one, never did. i just make sure to cool my car down a little bit before i shut it down. I cannot install one b/c i h ave a fuel pump switch which i kill the power to as soon as i leave the car for antitheft reasons.

as far as the Maf goes, if you go stand alone, you wont have to mess with it, yo uget to delete it and upgrade to a MAP BAR sensor, which is very usefull, especially again stalling between shifts, If you do get a piggy back, the Lexus v8 maf is what you are looking to get. To save you some money, all you really need is just the V8 housing, since the maf unit itself is IDENTICAL to the ones that come on the early model supras (OBDI i should say, obdii came with the Vortek unit, while the obdi came with Karmen....i think thats right.... or vice versa...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.