Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Profect B II and is not leting me pass over 15.9 PSI, Don't matter what setup I use, I will like to pull a hose and see if I could boost over 15.9 to make sure is the boost ontroller that is failling, Wich hose or hoses should I pull in order to achieve highter boost and still be able to mesure it in the Boost Controller display.

Comments will be apreciated, I will post pictures if necesarry for the Profect B Setup.

Thanks Axel

·
Headlight Restorer
1,107 Posts
i had the exact same problem as you with my old 6spd when i was installing the HKS EVC 5.

I am 99.9% sure how to fix it =)

you have three hoses that hooks up to the solenoid.
1. vaccum
2. turbo
3. actuator

now, leave the vaccum hose alone, but switch the hoses for the turbo and actuator.
the problem should be fixed. so basically the reason is that you connected the hoses wrong. let me know if this helps

John.

·
Registered
872 Posts
AZSupTT said:
Have a Profect B II and is not leting me pass over 15.9 PSI, Don't matter what setup I use, I will like to pull a hose and see if I could boost over 15.9 to make sure is the boost ontroller that is failling, Wich hose or hoses should I pull in order to achieve highter boost and still be able to mesure it in the Boost Controller display.

Comments will be apreciated, I will post pictures if necesarry for the Profect B Setup.

Thanks Axel
Pull any hose to the solenoid, the turbo will run to the max (25~28 psi). And DO NOT keep on it too long, and make sure you have run good gases.As long as you keep the hose to the head unit connected, it will display boost.
keep it in mind , the display may be off, At least mine display 2 psi lower.
And how many percent is you SET setting?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ON Lo Boost:
Set 14 PSI
100% for selenoid open
Max Boost Warning 20 PSI
3% decrease if Max boost reach

ON HI Boost (About The Same)
Set 15 PSI
100% for selenoid open
Max Boost Warning 21.5 PSI

With Both Options I'm only getting arround 15.9 Max Boost and Doesn't matter wich setup I put on, I will try pulling one of the selenoid hoses and see what happen?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nureul, The thing is that it was working fine before I replace a couple of old hoses to decrease the posibility of boost leak and now its not leting me pass 15.9 I will post pictures tomorow

·
Registered
872 Posts
AZSupTT said:
ON Lo Boost:
Set 14 PSI
100% for selenoid open
Max Boost Warning 20 PSI

ON HI Boost (About The Same)
Set 15 PSI
100% for selenoid open
Max Boost Warning 21.5 PSI

With Both Options I'm only getting arround 15.9 Max Boost and Doesn't matter wich setup I put on, I will try pulling one of the selenoid hoses and see what happen?
On the Profect B II , the SET is in percentage ,not PSI. If you set the SET to 100%
it will boost to max boost of stock twin can blow(27 ~28 psi), If you set it to 50%
will boost like17~18psi.

Try SET @40~50% GAIN @25%SET GAIN @16psi ,10% decrease if Max boost reach.
Stephen

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks admore, Seems one of the hose was leaking and it was not building Boost, All the hoses where replace and the unit is working fine. :)

I need to achange the settings to 60% on set gain to obtain 18 PSI,

Thanks Folks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts