Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys,

Here's the deal. I bought a bpu supra a while ago with a turbo xs manual boost controller in it. I think it has the wastegate bleeder t mod but i'm not sure..here's what I found near the boost controller..and also note that a little up and to the right of the circle, something is capped off:



I just installed my downpipe and when the car hits 5 psi it starts stuttering and won't go past it. I tried turning the boost up, didn't work. The car does have a boost cut controller. Any ideas guys?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Whats the white piece(inside the yellow circled area) thats sticking out of the rubber hose? dont tell me its an open t-nipple, if so, you're loosing all your boost pressure there if im not mistaken. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is an open t. Where does it connect to then? the thing that's capped off right next to it? Keep in mind I would have never done this as I'm not stupid like that..these mods were done when i got the car.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should i put a hose where the blue line is? :

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
93BlueTurbo said:
Yes, it is an open t. Where does it connect to then? the thing that's capped off right next to it? Keep in mind I would have never done this as I'm not stupid like that..these mods were done when i got the car.

Please be more specific with "the thing thats capped off" exactly what is capped off?
can you describe it or do you have another clearer picture at a better angle?


Also start by capping off the open T or completely removing the T and running a new hose from one end to the other. Also, the one end of the hose that connects to the bottom of the manual boost controller , where does the other end lead to?
 

·
I pretend to be fast
Joined
·
1,030 Posts
^ Thats what I would do, first try just putting a cap on the open end of the t. I dont think it should be connected to the already capped part.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure its the wastegate actuator. I just connected a single line where the T was from the boost controller to where that hose went which i believe is the turbo pressure sensor. I'm going out for a drive now I'll update the thread in a minute to see if it fixed it. Thanks in advance guys...reps +1.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok..fixed the stuttering, but its still not boosting past 5 psi.. :dunno:

on mkiv.com it says u need a bleeder t for a manual boost controller..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks like first pic..its dark out now though so i cant take pics. Was taken with a camera phone anyway. I'm going to go TTC and redo the vaccuum lines. I'll update after that which will be tomorrow. stay tuned and thank you!

-Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
93BlueTurbo said:
Ok..fixed the stuttering, but its still not boosting past 5 psi.. :dunno:

on mkiv.com it says u need a bleeder t for a manual boost controller..

MY post here: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173013&highlight=cap shows you exactly what you need to do.

Remember, the nipple on your MBC opposite the big knob should run to the turbo, and the other MBC nipple should run to the wastegate actuator. Read over what I've typed here and in my other post until it makes sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
93BlueTurbo said:
looks like first pic..its dark out now though so i cant take pics. Was taken with a camera phone anyway. I'm going to go TTC and redo the vaccuum lines. I'll update after that which will be tomorrow. stay tuned and thank you!

-Mark

Yes i would do that, remove the mbc and put the hoses back to stock and then put it in TTC mode to make sure your car runs normal, then start from scratch. keep us updated. good luck :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
AQuick6 said:
MY post here: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173013&highlight=cap shows you exactly what you need to do.

Remember, the nipple on your MBC opposite the big knob should run to the turbo, and the other MBC nipple should run to the wastegate actuator. Read over what I've typed here and in my other post until it makes sense.
Ok I see what you're saying, but which "big knob" are you talking about?



the yellow circle or the blue circle? The hose opposite the yellow circle goes to the turbo..and opposite the blue circle goes to the wastegate actuator.

Should I switch them? I mean I tried turning the boost up but nothing happened..how many turns do you have to do in order to raise the boost? I tried a little at a time and test, no results..then I tried a lot more and still same, 5 psi.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bump..boost emergency
 

·
Stock Twins King
Joined
·
4,490 Posts
I have the same BC as you do that I use specically for my #1 Turbo.

You have the basics down. The 90 degree nipple that is capped is correct. The top half of that actuator is where you put one BC hose, and the other BC hose goes to the turbo. Make sure that the VSV is all capped off. Also keep in mind that these BC are VERY touchy to set. AND they adjust backwards. The Yellow circle is the "fine" adjustment screw and the other end is the "Gross" adj screw I may have that backwards). Do you have the manual for this? I think u can find one on line, otherwise I can email a copy of mine. As I said, "clockwise" = Lower Boost, CC = Higher boost. If you ran a vacuum line directly from the turbo to the actuator = "0", you would have no boost. If you had no vacuum lines, it would be 100% boost. So the MBC allows some air to sluff allowing adjustable boost. You almost need a vacuum pump/gauge to set it up first, then install it and adjust it from there. Cause as it stands now, you have absolutely no idea where it is set at. I suppose you can crank the hex screw all the way out until the "ball" rattles, then you know you have almost max boost.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top