Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having problems controlling the boost on my car. I have a 74GTS with tial wastegate, and im using the apexi AVC-R. all the vacum lines appear to be in good shape. and the boost controller is hooked up right. I also tried a manual boost controller and the same thing .... first gears fine then second gear the turbo spools up and just never stops boosting ... its hitting almost 2 bar ... I've only taking the car up to 6k rpm b/c its pushing more than what i want ... Im not sure were to go on this ?

·
Registered
951 Posts
supraman74GTS said:
having problems controlling the boost on my car. I have a 74GTS with tial wastegate, and im using the apexi AVC-R. all the vacum lines appear to be in good shape. and the boost controller is hooked up right. I also tried a manual boost controller and the same thing .... first gears fine then second gear the turbo spools up and just never stops boosting ... its hitting almost 2 bar ... I've only taking the car up to 6k rpm b/c its pushing more than what i want ... Im not sure were to go on this ?
what w/g spring are you running?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I have heard bad things about the AVC-r

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not sure what was sent in the kit off hand ... i have the horsepowerfreaks 74GTS A/R .81 with a 44mm ... i haven't taken a look at the spring.... whats the biggest one they have?? b/c i wouldn't think that it would be for 30+psi, and im sure they wouldn't send me one like that in the kit... ill find out for sure though

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Is it a tial wastegate???? If its a tial wastegate 44mm you need to take out one of the springs. I got mine sent from Chris at HPF and he told me that it was a 17 psi spring and it boosted 30 lbs at the bare minumum. I was fine with boosting 30 lbs at the track but hated it because I always had to run race gas. I then talked to a friend with the same problem and you have to take apart the wastegate and then pull out one of the springs. One is red and the other is blue. I am 75% sure you pull the blue one out and then your boost will be around 18 psi. Then put the controller on it and you will be able to get 40 psi if you want ( at least my car with a bushur manual controller screwed 3/4 the way in. If you want me to check for sure give me a call on my cell phone at 301-491-0187.

Later,
Staats

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Did you get it fixed yet??

Staats

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey thanks for the info... I just got back from a little weekend vacation and haven't had time to take the gate apart ... Ill let you know .... thanks alot mark

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jstaats said:
Is it a tial wastegate???? If its a tial wastegate 44mm you need to take out one of the springs. I got mine sent from Chris at HPF and he told me that it was a 17 psi spring and it boosted 30 lbs at the bare minumum. I was fine with boosting 30 lbs at the track but hated it because I always had to run race gas. I then talked to a friend with the same problem and you have to take apart the wastegate and then pull out one of the springs. One is red and the other is blue. I am 75% sure you pull the blue one out and then your boost will be around 18 psi. Then put the controller on it and you will be able to get 40 psi if you want ( at least my car with a bushur manual controller screwed 3/4 the way in. If you want me to check for sure give me a call on my cell phone at 301-491-0187.

Later,
Staats

hey thanks that was the problem, and one of my vacum lines off the boost controller had a crack in it ... thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts