Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i tried to search but its not working so here it goes , i have aem with gm boost selinoid running stockers and the only way i can boost past .05 bar is to unplug the bottom of the wastegate and it goes striat to 1.25 bar which is what i have aem set to but i know thats not the way to hook it up any suggestions for me on how to hook up the gm selinoid . I tried the way it is in the aem instructions and it only goes to .05 bar , but when i had it hooked up like the mkiv website for the apexi boost selinoid it would go to 1 bar and no higher . O and when it was hooked up like aem says to it would hit boost hard up untill it hit .05 bar and stop and sound like there was a leak a big leak but now with the wastgate open i dont here the leak anymore the leak shouldnt just disapear when you open the wastegate should it? any help would be apprieciated thanks

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Well you said you unplugged the wastegate hose and it shot up to 1.25bar. This means that your turbos are healthy and it is not a hardware issue. It is a user issue :)

Sounds like you have the software in the AEM setup wrong. If you can get 1.25bar with it unplugged you can definetly get 1.25bar if you setup the AEM boost control correctly. You might want to go on www.aempower.com to the forums and see what they have to say. They can probably help you set up the software.

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks cwtt ithats what i thought but just wanted to get someone elses perspective . Well i made my own boost leak tester and one of my vsv's is bad could this be why its not spooling up ?

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey mtfujisupra like i said in first post it works with the wastegate open but when i close it it wont . I did change my airfilter around i had a blitz and i went with aem airfilter and put it down in the wheel well kind of like a ram air just to reduce the heat soak cause the blitz being metal would burn your hand when you touch it. Do you think it is the gm boost solenoid maybe ? thanks david

1 - 8 of 8 Posts