Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Sequential mode my boost gauge would go up to 7psi then dip when the #2 comes on and go back up to 7psi.

Then i did TTC and my boost gauge would go up to 4psi and never go up any higher.

Then i switched back to Sequential mode again and it goes up to 7psi then when #2 comes on it then drops to around 3psi and by redline get to around 2psi.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,118 Posts
it sounds like your second egc valve is closed.....

it happened to me... you could go permanent tt and fix it :dunno:

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
You might not want to double and triple post soo much bro.. check your thread in the technical section.. myself as well as a few others have given you some good info in there.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Supradedupra said:
it sounds like your second egc valve is closed.....

it happened to me... you could go permanent tt and fix it :dunno:
yup i did the TTC permanent mod, incase you missed it in my thread and got only to about 4psi max :dunno:

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
Dan94TT said:
You might not want to double and triple post soo much bro.. check your thread in the technical section.. myself as well as a few others have given you some good info in there.
I think almost 200 posts in less than a month has got to be a record :dunno:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Morefaster said:
I think almost 200 posts in less than a month has got to be a record :dunno:
i try :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Accel Junky said:
I just went TTC (temp) and was running 7psi-10psi before. Now I'm running the same, just with the twins in parallel. I don't trust my boost gauge.

What gauge are you running? Is it at 0 with the car off?
I have a greddy 60mm gauge, the car is at 0 with the car off and its at around 400-425 at idle

in TTC it goes to 3-4psi max with a struggle, in sequential mode it jumps to 7psi on the first turbo without a problem, once #2 comes on thats when it struggles keeping that needle up at 3psi max.

i dont feel that pull in TTC like i felt in sequential mode. so the gauge seems to work just fine (i got he car pressurized with a compressor and the gauge went up to 15psi before the oil cap started busting out.)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gonna go to TTC again... Dan94TT talked me into it!! :blah:

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
NickT916 said:
I have a greddy 60mm gauge, the car is at 0 with the car off and its at around 400-425 at idle

in TTC it goes to 3-4psi max with a struggle, in sequential mode it jumps to 7psi on the first turbo without a problem, once #2 comes on thats when it struggles keeping that needle up at 3psi max.

i dont feel that pull in TTC like i felt in sequential mode. so the gauge seems to work just fine (i got he car pressurized with a compressor and the gauge went up to 15psi before the oil cap started busting out.)
That's why it doesn't sound like your problem is your ability to hold pressure, it's your ability to create it. 15psi on a pressure test is plenty IMO... If you think it's a leak somewhere you can always starte eliminating shit...egr etc... If your BOV is leaking it wont show under a pressure check because it will be purging into a pressurized line, which normally isn't under pressure.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok yea i just went and tried to to TTC again...

this is the lever that is supposed to be wired open on the bottom actuator. Well first i pulled the C clam off then i was flipping the lever back and forth, but it just felt like its not connected to anything, so i pulled on it and it popped right out!!

is this normal?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
now my only option is to break off the butterfly completely because it does more hardm to me than good, and this is the problem to my boosting issues, because the butterfly is probably closed all the time and not giving me better flow when it should.

Now i was thinking what if i just leave the holes where the butterfly was and let the exhaust leak out from there, i wont have any boost problems, because its the exhaust and not something that needs to hold pressure... so it might even benefit my car by giving it a better exhaust flow, right?! all ill hear is just a wooshing sound coming from those 2 little holes.

Or i can just shove some high-temp exhaust gasketmaker stuff i have and plug those holes with that and let it dry out?

thanks

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
If that butterfly in the EGCV is closed it is preventing you from spooling up the #2 turbo.. if my understanding of the system is correct.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
would this also explain me having 3-4psi max in TTC? The way i see it, the first actuator on top that is wired open lets the air go into 1 and 2 turbo... the actuator on the bottom is fully open wired so it will let the airflow better because now 2 turbos are spooling at the same time?

i dont fully understand the system yet, but im definitely learning as i go.

Im gonna go brake up the whats left of the butterfly ... and put back my stock exhaust and hopefully be back in the game, even if i do have those 2 holes on the side leaking exhaust.

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
why not just go to KBToys and get some silly putty and jam it in the holes.....

UGH.

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
you know, you could get a replacement part, rather than the manifold.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
The EGCV replacement part is over $500 IIRC.. he would be better off finding one off someone that has gone single.. or calling a local supra shop they usually have a few laying around. It is just a hard part to replace.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jacked up the car, took off exhaust with dp , hammered out the butterfly, and shoved the holes with the exhaust gasket maker stuff... even if those holes burst out.. big deal!! im just doing this temporary while i get a ring to get compressed in there or replace the whole EGCV pipe with the flap. But i plan on staying TTC so prob the ring will do.

If my holes blow out then ill prog have an exhaust leaking sound but i doubt ill lose any pressure in the system. the only pressure ill be loosing is the exhaust pressure, wich will prob mean a slightly better exhaust flow, might even sound a little ugly, but i can deal with that for now.

Ill keep this thread posted if my boost finally goes up like it should to 12psi. Once i get that taken care of then DP and exhaust is going on the car and all the other goodies!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok i just drove my car and after a few hard pulls the plugs finally gave out and blew out haha... so now i have an exhaust leaking sound...

Anyhow, now my car is capable of pushing 9psi on both turbos to redline with no problem.

Now my question is what would make it be around 9 and not stock 12... could it be that my greddy boost gauge is a little off? I did feel like i hit boost cut at one point i was around 5k when it cut out... ill try connecting my gauge in different locations and see if the boost changes around.

Ill end up pulling that pipe off with the holes and press a ring in there or something similar to completely shut it. For now i can drive like that for a week or 2

1 - 20 of 32 Posts