Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just go the "bargin boost controller" (20$ home depot special) And was wondering what boost level it would be safe to operate as a daily driver but also gives me some more power at the pedal :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And also the car is a 1987 Turbo Supra with 97K on the motor with a BRAND new timing belt....and also lightweight flywheel (11lbs) and a stage 2 clutch....and custom intake

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
set it to right below fuel cut. thats what its there for...to protect the motor. ;)

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
And also the car is a 1987 Turbo Supra with 97K on the motor with a BRAND new timing belt....and also lightweight flywheel (11lbs) and a stage 2 clutch....and custom intake

Thanks!
big deal, whats the status on the HG? ;)

personally I set mine for 10psi and let it be and was fine til I tried going higher, just my .02 thou

<l><l>

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
If your still on the stock exhaust I wouldn't run more than 10, backpressure will hurt the turbo making it work harder than it needs to. Get a full 3" exhaust and let your engine breath. I picked up 2 psi of boost just from changing out the stock exhaust with my custom 3".

·
Registered
184 Posts
yeah i agree stay at 10lbs until you can get an exhaust and downpipe to free things up a bit.....and once you do that, you better have a good head gasket

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
oh ya...forgot about the HG.
ya get an exhaust first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts