Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have Intake, downpipe, exhuast and I'm hitting 1.2 bar in 4th gear! Is that normal? I'm thinking of getting a boost controller just to turn the boost down. In 3rd I'm hitting 1 bar. Like whoa.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So that's normal for just those 3 mods? When you set your boost, what gear do you use?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Troy,

It all depends. With the stock downpipe, and the stock exhaust (just the VSV mod) I was hitting 1.5 bar in 3rd (automatic). I've noticed to some extent that fresher, low milage motors and fresher low milage turbos create more boost, although there have been exceptions. My car had ~12k miles when I had those mods.

-m

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
My car has 85,000 miles, and I've hit 1.4 bar a couple of times when it's cold out. I have about the same mods as you. Mine holds 1.1-1.2 all the way to redline. Turbos must still be pretty strong. I wouldn't worry about it, I usually run 1.2 all day long.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had to put the bcc in. It would go to 1.2 bar at 4k and boost cut at 5k. So I put the bcc in the next day. :) This is in 4th gear though. Is there anyway to increase my boost just in 3rd gear?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts