Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
dude! something must be wrong! A boost leak somewhere or you must have a hose leaking .8 bar is way too low? I am able to boost 16psi jap spec supra tt with my mods. I am hitting boost cut [1.1bar]@16psi is when I get boost cut. I will be installing a BCC now!!:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
supra033 said:
i have a downpipe and a bcc and my boost is still .8 bar. anyone know why?
Aaargh...the dreaded boost leak phase. I too had the same problem. The 2nd turbo would not come online. On WOT runs, 4K rpms and above the car would stop making power and just struggle all the way to redline. Turns out to be a tired vacuum hose of the AIC. Here is a pic of the hose(the hose that goes to the top of the actuator) the problem was with the other end of the hose, to the nipple of the VSV. It easily pulled off with a slight tug.

If you are like me, you have made several WOT runs to find out what is going on. Your plugs are probably fouled, the car will start to have a crappy idle. Time for new plugs, NGK6097's www.sparkplugs.com but fix your boost leak 1st.

Good Luck

M

·
0 Posts
I don't mean to be the voice of reason (or stupidity) but have you pulled hoses? You won't hit much over .8 bar if you don't make the car boost more (pulling hoses or getting a boost controller).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts