Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where the boost sensor hose connects to on the engine? 1987 7MGTE. This wasn't hooked up prior to my working on this car. I am dropping the motor back in on Sunday and need to hook this up. For the life of me, I cannot find this info anywhere else. Again, I need the physical location where the vacuum line or hose hook to on the ENGINE side.

Thanks.

Tom

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intake manifold vacuum source. I believe it is the small nipple on the back of the intake near where the brake booster line is.
Thanks, I was thinking that but the boneheads to "hosed" this engine before we got it have that plugged into the heater control. I can get vacuum for that anywhere so I will try that nipple you describe.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I'll admit a dumb question but...

Intake manifold vacuum source. I believe it is the small nipple on the back of the intake near where the brake booster line is.

OK, I hooked the boost sensor up to this nipple on the intake manifold; the small one at the very back actually on the intake plenum and the boost guage responded by simply going into the negative. Now, I don't have the car on the road yet (working on the brakes now) but is that what the boost guage is supposed to read at an idle, for example? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.