Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my turbos. At WOT, first turbo kicks in fine, but when it gets to 4000 rpm, when the second turbo kicks in, boost pressure drops to 0, then goes up to 10 then goes back down. Is this a wastegate problem, sensor, or the vsv.

K

·
0 Posts
try the front vsv if its not keeping pressure on the actuator the boost wont hold it will revert back to turbo#1 thats how i blew mine.... 2nd turbo was fine just overworked the first.... make sure there arent any slits in the hose from the vsv to the actuator this is the one in the front incase you didnt know not trying to insult your intelligence... Kevin...

·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the Blitz SBC-id boost controller a while ago. And that hose was capped off. That hose popped off before I had a boost controller, and it's not the same thing that happens. When it came off before, second turbo won't kick in, and boost drops steadily. But now, it's like I'm getting boost cut at 4,000 rpm. It's more violent when it happens, it just goes straight to 0 psi. Then it would spool up again, then go back to 0 when #2 is supposed to go on. Thanks for replying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts