Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so november 2010 i purchaced my bpu 94tt auto with 65k on it. enjoyed the car as it was for a while but as time went on i became more and more bored with the auto and the twins. shortly after buying it, it began smoking at start up, the converter was causing the trans to start to slip, and the oil pan began to slowly leak. i made the decision at the beginning of this summer to fix the car of all its problems instead of driving it all summer and risking any other problems. i decided the best way to go was to pull the motor, get the head rebuilt , all new gaskets and seals, new water pump, oil pump, timing belt, go single, and go 6spd. because i was on a budget, i decided to stick with stock fuel on a vpc/safc combo for the time being. i also decided i would try out the auto rear for a little and see how it performs on the street. the overall objective of this build is to clean up all the problems to create a nice all around reliable street car. i plan on putting in a fuel system over the winter to really see what she does but for now ill be happy with this :)

new stuff:

precision billet 6765 .96 ar
ebay manifold ( ported and decked) for the time being
ebay downpipe which is really great quality for the price!
tial 50 bov
precision 46 wg
HPF feramic clutch
had garth at undercover performance send my head out to fonze to be rebuilt with manly internals

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

figured while i had everything apart id spend some extra time making it look nice. decided to polish a few things as well as wrap my spark plug cover in carbon fiber.
still learning a few polishing tricks but im pretty proud of how it came out.

and heres how she stands now. the spark plug cover still needs another coat of resin and some sanding but im happy with how its coming along. besides that shes pretty much ready to go back in.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I plan on installing the same HPF clutch with stock flywheel with a PTE6466, hope your build goes well.

·
2JZ Owner
41 Posts
Get it done! I am from Jersey City, good to see another NJ'er on here.

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
Looking good, good luck on completion, I have the feramic clutch unsprung with a light weight flywheel and I have 1000 miles on it so far its not bad but it is grabby.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice, where did you get the v160 from?
picked it up a few months ago from a guy named chris in north jersey

thanks guys! yea ive heard its pretty grabby from several people. as long as it does the job on the street and holds up to the hp after i add fuel, ill be happy

·
Registered
400 Posts
Great build...

BTW I love FONSE...they built my motor a few years back (Sr20) and all i can say about their work is that its top notch....some of the best I have ever seen. I am sure they are going to do great work on the head. Wish i lived closer because that 3 hr drive to them sucked ass but if I were closer to them I would use them for all of my stuff

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lookin great dude! I must say you have had such dedication to this...i hope it is all you wanted and more once its done.....thats with fuel and lots of boost of course :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks tom! ive really had a lot of fun doing this build. definitely very excited to get her back on the road!

update: finished up getting my pedals and clutch line in today and dropped the motor in tonight. should have it running by the end of the week. just waiting on t4 gaskets, oil feed and return, and i need to get my exhaust modified to meet up with the dp.

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,835 Posts
awesome build, but i would replace the auto serpentine belt tensioner to a 6 speed one with the shock arm and shock, just incase don't want to loose a belt because it popped out!

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,835 Posts
awesome! it looks like its coming along really nicely!

·
Registered
250 Posts
What did you use to carbon fiber your valve cover? Dinoc or real weave?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts