Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
What it is Jive Turkey?
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving the car with a shimmed wastegate and boosting at 10-11psi for about 20 miles until the car would not boost over 5 psi. It felt like fuel cut. When it happened the "BRAKE" and the battery lights came and stayed on. And now the alternator is charging the battery to 17. Which makes me think my alternator is on its way out. I checked my IC pipes and they are tight as can be. As soon as it hits 5 psi in any gear, the car cuts the power and if I keep on it, it'll sometimes backfire. I took the shims out of the wastegate to run on stock boost and it still does it. What do you think the problem is?

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
Check engine light come on?

·
What it is Jive Turkey?
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'm an idiot. It was a boost leak and a bad alternator. The coupler between the 3000 pipe and the throttle body was dry rotted and fell apart under boost.

·
Former 1.5jz-Powered MKIV
649 Posts
Thanks. I'm an idiot. It was a boost leak and a bad alternator. The coupler between the 3000 pipe and the throttle body was dry rotted and fell apart under boost.
lol...cool mang, when i had an MK3, the lower rubber piping had a small rip, but during hard boost, that shit enlarged and I lost all boost, so just something to think about next time.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts