Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,110 Posts
I hit fuel cut around 10-11psi. I dont even have my EVC turned on and I still can hit 10psi :) with full exhaust,intake, spearco & hp's and a few other BPU crap. And I am also on a stock ct.

· Registered
1,110 Posts
okay i have heard about this all the time and always wondered how to do it. People talk about putting washers on their turbo somewhere so the internal wastegate actuator arm can't function fully to open the little flapper door to let out the exhaust at certain boost levels which in other words limits you to the factory set boost level of about 8psi. I'm just wondering how to cheaply rig a few washers to my actuator to make more boost so i can get a feal of 10psi before i buy a manual boost controller. I need someone to explain in full depth detail the procedures or send a link.
Dont go this cheap route. It is better to just start out right. You can get a 1st gen HKS EVC(electronic boost controller) on ebay for around $125-$150 and you can turn it on and off as you choose. I can gaurantee that once you up the boost you wont go back to stock and then its all over for you cuz you will be always looking for ways to get more. Welcome to modding the supra!!

· Registered
1,110 Posts
instead of doing the washer thing , couldnt you just use spacers and not have to fiddle with a bunch of washers?
why would you do either. just get a boost controller!!!!!

Is the stock head gasket durable enough to not blow at 10-12psi?
all depends on the condition of youe engine and fuel system. If it is tired and weak dont expect to last all that long. I hit 14 psi when I was adjusting my evc and since then I just leave it turned off cuz I hit 10psi without it. however I am in the process of building another motor w/ a mhg cause I want more boost and dont want to have to worry about my stock hg giving up. btw I only have about 3000 miles on my stock hg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.