Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here is my qualm, I've been doing an engine build for a while on one of my motors, I'm looking @ pistons now, my stock bore on one of my other motors is 3.249" 82.52459999999999 mm the way I've measured it with a caliper. I'm trying to figure out what bore/size pistons I have on this current motor. I haven't had it bored but the previous owner seems to have, as the bore seems to be 3.276" 83.21039999999999 mm so no I'm going to try to get pistons for it, I beleive I am looking @ .020 oversized pistons, am I correct in assuming this is the right size that I will need to get the right piston to wall clearance and ring gap? Would really enjoy it if IJ, Doc, or some of the other old school guys came in to help! Thaaaanks!

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
3.267" is stock
you're reading +10 as far as I know no one makes that size the smallest OS is Ross at +17.

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok then IJ, what do you reccomend I do? MY stock sized new rings fit into my other stock block, but this block they're very far off and have a gap of .040+ but in the stock block from my cressida they fit perfect and have probably .004 - .006'? From what I gather your saying that this block is +.010? Can I make that up in ring size, or should I just bore upto .020 over?

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
If it's 10 thou of wear it's no long round or straight in the bores.

+20 might clean it up if there's no scratches or gouges in the bores.

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the problem is that the block was "supposedly" bored, but the block has been cleaned/honed by a shop, and checked for cracks, I never even though to have them check the bore size, they did say it was straight though and even cut the block' for a mhg.

·
Registered
746 Posts
you can get custom size pistons in any size you want. You mearsured your bores with a dial caliper??????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts