Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Shot in the dark... I have a 2j single running on an AEM v2 and recently it lost stat sync so of course won't start. It was running fine but started occasionally missing and finally had one big backfire and wouldn't restart. I tested both the cam and crank sensors with an ohm meter and they were square in the middle of the expected range for resistance, but tossed in a new crank sensor anyway (of course made no difference). AEM is seeing the cam sensor (numbers change when I crank), but it's getting nothing from the crank sensor.

If possible, I'd love to plug in a known good AEM v2 that's set up for the 2jzgte and see if it sees the crank sensor so I know whether to start chasing wiring or send my computer off to AEM.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like the timing gear might have separated if you didn't mess with the ECU at all. I would pull the front cover and shine a light down and see if you can physically see if it's off.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That occurred to me, it's just a bit of a pita to take enough off (tensioner et al) to actually see anything down there. I reckon I'll have to if the wiring checks out and I don't have a way to check the computer

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blah, crank trigger wheel separated from the timing gear and was free spinning. Basically have to do the work for a timing belt change now, but at least that means the AEM is probably ok.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Glad you found it, worth investing in a welded one for sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts