Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, we were crawlin around under my car one day and found that the HKS DP has a spare 02 bung in it with a screwed in plug, so we jacked the wideband out of his 240 and threw it on my car real quick. All I have done is an Apexi intake, and a HKS DP that dumps under the car. I dont use a boost controller but it still runs 14.5-15 psi constantly under WOT. Anyways driving around normally and boosting a little (like 5psi) it runs a steady 13.0 A/R. Now I expected it to go way rich when I floored it because it usually spits a nice amount of black smoke like a good turbo car should. So we did a hard 2nd gear run up to 7,000 pushing 1 bar the whole way, the A/R ratio stayed right at 13 and dipped down to 12.7 a couple times for about 500 rpms, but mostly it stayed right around 13. Is that some good factory tuning or what? I know ideal A/R is 14.7, but a turbo car should run richer than that, I see alot of guys tuning for 11.5 and 12? Is 13 to lean?

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
for some people, 11.5 is the sweet spot. For others, it's 12.5. You just have find out what's good.

As for your car, that seems like it's running lean. I took out 20% air (fuel really) @ ~5000rpm.

-joseph

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the wideband was one of those DIY ones, not sure how accurate it was, I really doubt im running lean cause it blows a good cloud of rich smoke when I get on it and you can smell it too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts