Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just notice that under full boost and when I quickly let off the throttle it sounds like a small flutter. Just wondering if that was compressor surge or if that was normal bypass operation. I did not ever hear that with the stock airbox on. This is with 10 psi on a 57 trim if that makes any difference.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
does it sound like the three stooges or more like a waWHOOSH! i have the same intake/recirc and im not noticing any problems, if it is i would check the vacum, as if thats kinked that might cause a problem

<l><l>

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,810 Posts
it's the bosch, i believe it makes that surging kind of noise , no?

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I should have been able to hear if it was surge with the stock airbox? The Bosch unit should be good for over 15psi, right?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
my friend is havnig a problem with his too.. on a 60-1 bolt on.. has an apexi filter, but wasn't a problem on the stock turbo.. will surge constantly.. ive tried my 110 bov as well as his 103 bov.. both do it..

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
my thoughts are that the air released by the bypass valve is rushing into the impeller creating that sound.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
i have a CT26 on 8 PSI with the same intake and i think its just the stock bypass blowing off out of the filter.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
when my friend had the ct26 it sounded fine.. a woosh.. but now its deff surging.. tried 2 different bosch bovs.. not sure what the problem is

·
Your mom goes to college
416 Posts
tissimo said:
when my friend had the ct26 it sounded fine.. a woosh.. but now its deff surging.. tried 2 different bosch bovs.. not sure what the problem is
mine is doing the exact same thing now justin. with the stock turbo i never had a single problem. I'm not even boosting right now until I get a different bov, cause im getting surge with the bosch. No problems at all in the past, and dont understand where the problem is now.. pretty weird.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, I noticed that the vacuum line to my BOV was pinched, which could have created a bad source for pulling the valve open at low boost...or so I've heard.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I was under the impression that the noise is not a problem... am I really getting compressor surge? lol... it goes away under high boost

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Where are you getting your vacuum source at? Up until yesterday i just figured any vacuum line on the car would be enough but it isnt. I used the vac nipple on the front of the intake manifold for my ssqv. Before i just teed into a line from the back of the manifold and it wasnt enough now my bov opens up at 3 psi.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
thats no good guys.. im running a bosch.. ct-26 at 12 psi. and even at low boost i dont get surge.. i would say theres something not right with either ur hoses or the bov itself.

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I think I am going to go buy one of those vacuum nipples with the 90 degree angle. I think the vaccum hose might be getting pinched. Btw I am using the stock vacuum source.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
as am i. ill try and get a sound clip tomorrow if one of my buddies is around at differnt boost levels. but yea.. i have NEVER had that sound. the bosch shouldnt do taht..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts