Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to buy a 4 wire bosch o2 sensor and use the original 2jz-gte o2 sensor plug to plug it into the wiring harness? because right now i have a downpipe for my single turbo kit that has a threaded bung for like a wideband and i cant put the stock o2 sensor on. anyone have any ideas on what i can do? or what some of you have done?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well ima cut the original o2 sensor plug off and connect it to the bosch 4 wire o2 sensor. and just screw it in the DP

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
On the Bosch o2 sensor there is a grey wire.. a black wire and 2 white wires.

Here is the stock 2jz-gte o2 sensor wires. i know the grey one is to the red/black wire the black one to Shielded(whire wire). but the 2 other black wires both go to either the blue/white wire and brown wire. My question is does it matter which black wires go to either wire from the harness plug? both black wires are the same.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
the 2 black wires are for the heater im sure so no it wont matter which way you hook them up

·
Registered
278 Posts
no it will not work. that is a wideband sensor. you need a controller and that wont relay the info to your ecu either costs like 65 bucks to have a flange for your stock one to be welded on btw do you have aem?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RedSupra said:
no it will not work. that is a wideband sensor. you need a controller and that wont relay the info to your ecu either costs like 65 bucks to have a flange for your stock one to be welded on btw do you have aem?

its not a wideband, its a narrowband replacement for your stock o2 sensor as it says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts