Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a few problems with my 87T, such as an odd miss at idle and a horrible "blah" over 4000rpm. It felt like the torque fell off really badly. I realise that a little torque drop past 4000 rpm is normal but this was crazy! I previously bought Bosch platinum plugs (not the 4 prong ones) and figured that they would be good for about 50000km or so (since changing the plugs on a Supra is a little bit more involved than most cars). After I bought them, I heard that some guys had problems with Bosches in their Supras so after about 3500km I switched out to $18 worth of Champion Copper plugs. WOW, what a difference!! Now I pull hard through to 5500rpm and am getting 30mpg while highway driving! My advice to anyone is NEVER buy Bosch for a Supra! (they'll probably be fine for your VW Rabbit though:))

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Shar Pei's look funny...

lol...bosch does suck. I use the cheap wal-mart plugs and they're better than Bosch...

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
haha I hate bosch..they got crappy batterys for cars..and the plugs are crap...

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
or wal mart special AUTOLITE copper plugs :) ..they work good enough for me..

·
Registered
345 Posts
When I was driving my car after the haltech & ls1 coils were installed, and the car wasn't quite tuned, I fried about 5 sets of plugs. I was using denso coppers and autolite coppers. Some didn't even last a day.
I gave in one day because I needed the car drivable, so I picked up some bosch platinums. The car ran very smooth with them. They even held up to a week or two of abuse, I was surprised.

I had bad experiences with the bosch in my 88T though.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
lol...a convorsation with my dad just revealed that he believes every 6th plug bosche produces is "decent"...lmao...if you got 6 decent plugs to last that long under hard abuse then you're extrordinarily lucky...

·
Registered
345 Posts
makenzie71 said:
lol...a convorsation with my dad just revealed that he believes every 6th plug bosche produces is "decent"...lmao...if you got 6 decent plugs to last that long under hard abuse then you're extrordinarily lucky...
Heh.. And I was running maps on the haltech that was basically dumping gas out the tail pipe. I was getting 150 miles on a tank of 91, before I took the car down again. They didn't foul up in that couple weeks like the coppers.
I'll leave them in when I get the car running again on the new turbo, so we'll see how long they last.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts