Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a bose sound system in there supra?
Been working on a lot of audis as of late and the audio is amazing and that lil bose label is just cool so just wondering if anyone has a bose setup.

·
Slowly getting there
631 Posts
Yikes. Bose to hardcore audio people is the devil's own invention. But taking your thread seriously, those dedicated audio systems are optimized for that car. Like those Levinson systems, they sound fantastic in that application and may despite the price tag sound terrible in other cars.

That's why I laugh when people throw around the "I have this ten million dollar system in my car" but haven't taken the time to have someone tune it.

Just go to a reputable shop, listen to the speakers that sound best to you (screw whatever label is on the grill) and then sit down and have them take from you, the things that you really really want. A good salesman (I used to be one) will uncover what you really want, not what you think you want. In lurking in the audio thread there are people super-happy with $100 Phoenix Gold separates, that other people would turn their nose to. I used to hate Polk speakers and I loved Boston Acoustics. So, listen to the most expensive speakers in the store to get a reference as to what the shop thinks good sound should sound like, and then listen to a bunch of other ones and then pick what you like best.

Screw the label, that's what I say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts