Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm a big Boston Acoustics fan and came across these speakers online and I here they are some of the best Boston's out there. I've gone to a few shops that sell Boston in the area and no one has them on display to hear, so does anyon here know how they compare to say the Pro's which I've had before and sound nice and are almost half the cost of these? Everything I've read up until this point says they are top notch but are they worth the extra cash? Also does anyone know if they will fit in the doors of the Supra because they seem to be very deep... I've tried to find exact dimensions but was not able to so if anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Joe

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Ive had both on display - if you got the $1000 to spend on speakers...most definately worth it. Much more accurate speaker than the pro's. And for the supe's...axis mount FTMFW

·
Registered
381 Posts
Try Myer Emco in the DC Metro area. Also try Tweeter, I think they sell BA's . I've got BA's Pro's all around in "Miss Cheryl" with dual 8" Pro's in the rear. I would definately buy the Z's if I could afford it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could I run the Z6's in the front and back or would that make much sence? I can get a deal on two sets for 1000 shipped. they usually sell for that just for one set...

Joe

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
If your deal is online...DONT DO IT!!! Boston will not support their product if purchased by an online dealer. Putting the z's in the rear are great...if you are sitting in the rear...but other than that...not usually wort the extra cash. A nice set of coax's will do the trick

·
Registered
88 Posts
Holshot- if you do get them let me know how they are, they are the speakers i want to put in mine too.

This is probbly a dumb question but, When everyone upgrades their speakers nthey take out the stock speaker screens on the doors and use the aftermarket ones, this looks cheesy to me, do you have to or is it just preferance?

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
You dont have to...I just think it looks better...that and why hide $1000+ speakers :bigthumb:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Keep the factory screens...that way you can't see the high dollar speakers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts