Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
the only coolant lines i can think of around that area is the coolant that runs through the ISC, 1 from intake mani, and 1 from hardline that wraps around the block.

charlie

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
it's a closed system. coolant line come out the back of the metal coolant tube, goes to the tb, come out the tb, goes into the isc, then back out, the back into the lower intake manifold, which goes back to the block.

i ditched all that shit. just another thing to worry about leaking

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts

the nipple on the isc valve labeled for "throttle body" goes to the port on the left port on the t/b(same side as tps). the other nipple on the tps(that face downward) goes to the coolant hardline under the intake mani. This hardline stems off the main water bypass line that wraps around the block. hope that helps.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
njsupramk3t said:
the nipple on the isc valve labeled for "throttle body" goes to the port on the left port on the t/b(same side as tps). the other nipple on the tps(that face downward) goes to the coolant hardline under the intake mani. This hardline stems off the main water bypass line that wraps around the block. hope that helps.
Thanks those pictures helped a lot, but, the line coming off the ISC into the lower intake....where about on the lower intake does this line connect and how does it go back into the block after this?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
It goes in between the #2 and #3 cylinders. Or it might be between #1 and #2, either way it is right there on the flange mated to the head.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Wow, I crawled under there and figured it out long before I saw a TSRM. People are forums are getting lazy. Go outside and work on your car!

I suggest you bypass the whole thing. After going to the ISC the hose goes around under the ISC down through the intake manifold space and connects to a nipple on the lower manifold. If you unplug the coolant hose going to the throttlebody, and the one going to the ISC, you can plug them together and bypass the whole idiot system.

I'm not sure how much more work you want to make US do, when you could easily go find out.

S

·
0 Posts
Junked87Turbo said:
Still doesnt tell me where the coolant lines go after it goes through the ISC, guess you have some more searching to do...
:bowrofl: That's just too funny.
There's a nipple that goes on the intake runner that's between the head and the intake plenum. It's on the right hand side of the bolt where you attach the 1st vsv. If you put your hand under the plenum toward the front you'll see it can't miss it.

For the ones who are bypassing the system, doesn't the throttle body and those part need to be cooled? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
sorcereur said:
:bowrofl: That's just too funny.
There's a nipple that goes on the intake runner that's between the head and the intake plenum. It's on the right hand side of the bolt where you attach the 1st vsv. If you put your hand under the plenum toward the front you'll see it can't miss it.

For the ones who are bypassing the system, doesn't the throttle body and those part need to be cooled? :dunno:
Not if you live in a mild or warm or hot climate it doesn't. Mine were bypassed LONG ago. They are too hard to get to and make removing the TB or ISC a pain. Once you get them bypassed, removing those two pieces becomes VERY easy and it's 3 less hoses to worry about busting.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
SlimFastSupra said:
I suggest you bypass the whole thing. After going to the ISC the hose goes around under the ISC down through the intake manifold space and connects to a nipple on the lower manifold. If you unplug the coolant hose going to the throttlebody, and the one going to the ISC, you can plug them together and bypass the whole idiot system.
I just bypassed the ISC/TB a few weeks ago. The only reason it is there is to help warm the car up more quickly (emissions). Getting rid of it:

*removes clutter from a very cluttered area
*takes away 3 dealer-only hoses in exchange for ~24" of 3/8" heater hose (easily bought by the roll at any parts store) (and maybe 4 3/8" bypass caps if you're anal).
*lowers temperature of the intake manifold for a minute gain in power

·
Registered
710 Posts
ma71supraturbo said:
I just bypassed the ISC/TB a few weeks ago. The only reason it is there is to help warm the car up more quickly (emissions).
I thought it was to keep the throttle from freezing open in cold climates.

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanks dudes! that's the next thing I'll do before assemblimg TB ;)
If the only reason is the emission issues, so I'll get rid of it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts