Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I put the supra in storage, I decided to buy a good daily driver.

Ironic how I found this vehicle. It was in a neighborhood yardsale.

I was driving home 3 friday's ago from work and drove past the truck, it was parked in the driveway and had a "for sale" sign on it. I always admired how ultra clean it was.

Well saturday morning rolls into play, my father was out running errands and when he came home he mentioned all the yard sales going on (neighborhood has one once a year, pretty large). He said there was a nice 4runner for sale and that I should look at it.

Well we took it for a drive, and for 171K miles, um it drove perfect. Like a NEW CAR.
Really freaked me out.

The owner was the original buyer, he bought it for college in 1991. I have all the original documentation as well :) . The sticker for it was $27,865 !

Well here is my new truck:

1991 Toyota (yeah kept them in the family) 4Runner SR5 4x4 5 speed.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just say I could turn around and sell it for $2500 MORE than what I paid for it.

:)

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
RSXTypeS79 said:
Almost $28k in 91, Jebus. Nice truck.
That's back when Toyota actually WERE a lot more expensive than everyone else!

That thing looks mint.....BTW, you can go to a dealer and get your free steering relay rod job if it hasn't been done yet.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Northof49 said:
No joke, even at todays prices, you can get a nice 4x4 SR5 V6 for about $30k. And that is at sticker, I'm sure you can wheel and deal.

Is the interior as nice as the exterior on your 91, Simann?

·
way over budget
664 Posts
Northof49 said:

That thing looks mint.....BTW, you can go to a dealer and get your free steering relay rod job if it hasn't been done yet.
Just make sure they put all the bolts back in that attatch the skidplate so it doesn't fall off on the freeway. or not, because then you get a new one for free!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Wow I can't believe how clean that car is. My uncle bought my 89 pick up from me about 5 years ago and it did not look that clean back in 91. Like anything else, a little extra attention goes a long way.

Sam

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interior is as good as it could ever be, except for one small crack on the dash ( acceptable). I am gettnig a nice carpet dash cover molded for it.

I just replaced the shifter bushings, evidentally the one in there (or lack there of) was the original. Now it shifts like new!

Though it does have a shimmy above 75mph on the highway but thats to also be expected with large profile knobbies.

Guys, this thing does not even squeek or make weird noises when you turn.

I love it!

I have contemplated more hp, like a 7m swap :)

-Jonathan

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
simann said:
Interior is as good as it could ever be, except for one small crack on the dash ( acceptable). I am gettnig a nice carpet dash cover molded for it.

I just replaced the shifter bushings, evidentally the one in there (or lack there of) was the original. Now it shifts like new!

Though it does have a shimmy above 75mph on the highway but thats to also be expected with large profile knobbies.

Guys, this thing does not even squeek or make weird noises when you turn.

I love it!

I have contemplated more hp, like a 7m swap :)

-Jonathan
Hmm...

1/2UZFE...

Hmmm...

;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts