Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, just bought a new car cover and tested the fitment on it ;)

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
Car covers are the worst. I told my body guys I was getting a car cover the day I picked up my car from being painted. They forbade me to get one. Sand, dirt, dust, leaves, etc. gets in between the cover and your car when blown by the wind and with the movement creates swirl marks. Humidity also gets in there and wreaks havoc on your paint. Sell it if you can :sadance:

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
SupraTico said:
Car covers are the worst. I told my body guys I was getting a car cover the day I picked up my car from being painted. They forbade me to get one. Sand, dirt, dust, leaves, etc. gets in between the cover and your car when blown by the wind and with the movement creates swirl marks. Humidity also gets in there and wreaks havoc on your paint. Sell it if you can :sadance:
Ummm who parks there Supra outside? I would never leave my car outside overnight. I park my car in the garage with my carcover and have never noticed dirt, leaves etc in between the cover and the car.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Car covers for cars parked outside I agree do more harm than good. As for a garaged car cover, I am looking for a good one myself to keep dust off the car. Any suggestions?

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
cwtt said:
Ummm who parks there Supra outside?
You don't.. neither do I. But there are many many people who don't have that luxury. By the looks of it in the pic, chnco parks his outside.

If your garage isn't climate controlled and you live somewhere like Miami that is humid all the time the humidity won't do much good to it either. Even your black window moldings will suffer.

As far as dust.. meh.. I wax my car and put it in the garage. If it gets dusty I drive it around the block. Voila, no more dust.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
chnco said:
Yea, just bought a new car cover and tested the fitment on it ;)
For some reason that looks like the Ab flug kit under there..?? :scratch:

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
cwtt said:
Ummm who parks there Supra outside?
I do with hopes of someone stealing it or hitting it so that I can collect on the ins :bigthumb:

But back on topic I also heard that car covers are not that good for cars, but I was told that that was during the day for reasons stated by SupraTico.

·
says
390 Posts
StSupDog said:
word

jerk stole my wing , wheels, and hood

no wonder it looks so fucking familar

·
says
390 Posts
supraman111 said:
COPY CAT MF'er damnit, just show us pics of the car already
whatever happened with you and mopar?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Bryant said:
word

jerk stole my wing , wheels, and hood

no wonder it looks so fucking familar
Hmmm..your right it does also look like a trial Front and your rear wing....

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
StSupDog said:

looks like it, but i have a strong feeling its a do-luck...call it a gut instinct

i also have a feeling its neon r kelly piss yellow :gaysex:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
MyKarIsVicious said:
looks like it, but i have a strong feeling its a do-luck...call it a gut instinct

i also have a feeling its neon r kelly piss yellow :gaysex:
Damn it!! your right too..... Ok, I'm not going to say shit anymore....My head hurts.... Just show us the damn Pics!! :1poke:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
lis2k said:
Car covers for cars parked outside I agree do more harm than good. As for a garaged car cover, I am looking for a good one myself to keep dust off the car. Any suggestions?
My car stay's only indoor's and I use a california car cover. The fitment is perfect and they made mine to fit my rmm wing. It work's great and keep's the dust off the car.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
kerry1 said:
My car stay's only indoor's and I use a california car cover. The fitment is perfect and they made mine to fit my rmm wing. It work's great and keep's the dust off the car.
lol dude you use way too many apostrophes.. none were needed :sadance:

If you keep your car indoors and you're anal about the car cover keeping clean it's not too bad. Only thing you gotta worry about in this case is the humidity, and also make sure you dust the sand and pebbles off of your tires. Otherwise your cover can pick up that crap and scratch the beautiful finish you're trying to protect.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
SupraTico said:
lol dude you use way too many apostrophes.. none were needed :sadance:

If you keep your car indoors and you're anal about the car cover keeping clean it's not too bad. Only thing you gotta worry about in this case is the humidity, and also make sure you dust the sand and pebbles off of your tires. Otherwise your cover can pick up that crap and scratch the beautiful finish you're trying to protect.
Yeah I dooo love the apostrophe's. :bigthumb: Growing up in Florida, I know what humidity does to cars. Since I now live in vegas, I don't have to worry about that anymore. :sadance: Even though she's under the cover, I still take her out and clean her every other week to be sure there isn't any build up on the car. The biggest thing to worry about out here is the dust. I'd seal her in a plastic bubble if I could but the hot 4" exhaust tip would melt it! :doh:

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
supraman111 said:
COPY CAT MF'er damnit, just show us pics of the car already

I'm pretty sure my car was yellow first!! Copy Cat MF'er!!! :D

1 - 20 of 70 Posts