Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car has spent its entire life in Northern California. 125k miles. Everything works. Since 1998 it's been driven 1,000 miles a year. My goal is to keep the interior and exterior all original and mostly spend money just to make it highly reliable so I can drive it all the time. I already ordered a replacement original radio/tape deck.

The downside is that the engine needs all new seals and gaskets. The head gasket hasn't blown, but I'd probably replace it at the same time.

I'm in Sacramento and having a really hard time finding a shop comfortable working on a car this old. So if anybody knows about any place, feel free to let me know. I can handle most tasks, but I'm considering swapping in a 2JZ-GE mostly just to have a much newer engine and make passing smog that much easier in the future.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
If it is all original. Leave as is!

replace gaskets. Don't increase power or anything else. It might be NA but that is a clean car!

·
Blue Thunder
3,490 Posts
I also have a clean 86.5. I vote for keeping it original. The 7mge is a reliable motor in stock form. I have only replaced my exhaust, wheels and radio. And I'm also at 125k !!!
Youdon't see them stock like that anymore. Get a beater if you want to molest one.

B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts