Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Reading on the Ebay description of that turbo and at $375 & free shipping , it definitely looks like a copy cat. There was no mention whatsoever that it was a Borg Warner. It simply says aftermarket turbocharger. Usually BW will have the Borg Warner name or Airwerks logo on the compressor or turbine housings.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
ebay special !!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Turbine wheel doesn't even look balanced..

·
Registered
219 Posts
It would have the name on it if it were Borg Warner.

-Coby

·
Registered
713 Posts
Why would you think that was a genuine BW? Sounds like you did 0 research and bought it because the price is right.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was after a .91 twin scroll hosing for S300SXE but wasn't able to find one in stock.

Browsed B/W catalog and found that older turbo shares the same P/N for the housing, then I googled P/N for that turbo and bought it.

BTW the the S300SXE I got looks like this

Does it look right?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Its an aftermarket s366. Think of it like toyota oem (borg warner) to duralast (ebay turbo)....I once ran an ebay turbo to "get me by" and I got 400hp/tq out of it. BUT LET ME TELL YOU how while at a drift event it caught on fire due to the oil seals going bad and then I blew up the compressor housing. LMAO

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well in that listing nothing in the description or any lettering on that page says "BW" Or "Borg Warner". So I think that makes it clear right there.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Does it look right?
I would send BW an email/call and check if that serial number is legitimate. Other than that, seems very legitimate from this end. Chinese are getting good at copying anything/everything out there. Heck, worked with a vendor who used a Chinese MFG to manufacture parts, but parts that didn't meet our specifications were supposed to be "scrapped". Little did we know they were turning them around for a profit in the gray market, which is how they eventually end up in Ebay as knockoffs. Bet same thing goes on with the Ebay "Greddy" intake manifolds and such.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wrong serial plate, missing all bw badging, missing oil feed fitting, etc. 100% fake.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts