Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 09 Honda fit as a daily driver and been looking for a project car ever since. This one just magically came up, I found it locally and couldn't pass up a deal of a lifetime. It's a 1988 Nissan 300ZX 5sp Turbo. All it need is some minor cosmetic fixes & i'm going to replace the alternator & power steering pump in a couple of weeks. :)

Hell, $1k for a turbo, 5sp, RWD car is a deal. :)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I think thats a special edition one... nice find for 1k.

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Any big plans for it, or just minor work to get it running reliably.

·
Registered
476 Posts
isnt that the special edition one thats really hard to find, cant remember the name of it damn it, well one nice find dude..

·
Banned
509 Posts
Looks like a Shiro Edition.....but the paint does not seem like the original?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Looks like a Shiro Edition.....but the paint does not seem like the original?
I don't know much about it...What's a Shiro Edition? Anyway, it was repainted to white (the original was pearl white) several years ago. I'm the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner bought it in 95 with 34k miles on it.

I'm planning to get the car to run 100%, fix all of the cosmetic issues (damaged front body kit) and then repainted the car to Toyota's Super White. Restore everything in the interior that's broken, reupholster the seats, etc...

Then after everything is fixed & having the car running 100%, i'm planning to mod it :)

·
Bring it.
489 Posts
I'm planning to get the car to run 100%, fix all of the cosmetic issues (damaged front body kit) and then repainted the car to Toyota's Super White. Restore everything in the interior that's broken, reupholster the seats, etc...
Blasphemy. It's a Shiro Edition, it deserves to at least go back to a pearl white. Not too many of those running around.

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,873 Posts
Nice find man. I could see why you couldnt pass it up based on price.
This is thinking way ahead but 2j in this ? Theres a few vids i've seen of them. You said project, lol

·
Registered
534 Posts
Looking at those pics, it amazes me to this day that the Z32 and Z31 300zxs are just one generation apart. Its like there are at least two gens missing in between, especially in regards to the interior. Cool car non the less, I loves VG30s.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts