Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'd like to start by saying hi to everyone :D a friend a her buddy have been helping me look for a mkiv for the past year (almost 10 after i wanted a mkIII :( but anyways she found a 97 silver TT6spd in texas (shes working down there for about a year) and she bought it with the helping knowledge of her buddy off some guy whos name starts with an "A" cant remember but if anyone knows any info on the car it would be greatly appreciated :wink: so im going to pick it up sometime in feb. cant bear to take her through a canadian winter :wink: (pardon the rambling its just that how many ppl get their #3 dream car at the age of 20 just b4 they start university :D ) ANYWAYS... as you know its a 97' silver TT. now heres where you tech guys come in :wink: my goal will be to get this supra up to about 600-700RWHP im sick of the fastest car
here this side of toronto being a high 10 - low 11 second civic :rolleyes: so i plan on going BPU once i get down there (any recomondations on speed shops in houston? its actually in spring) once im ok with that extra power ( i currently am driving a 99' acura 1.6EL LOL) i plan on going with one of the bigger turbos but heres my massive dilema... T-66 *OR* T-78 or SP-63 i want to be able to atain that 600 (NO NOS) by the end of this coming summer with as little lag possibly achieveable. With instal, areos and tuning i also only have about 10K set aside to play with so keep that in mind HOWEVER i dont want anything of lesser quality :wink: so for the turbo, fuel instal and tuning i only got about 8k to play with and im also hoping for a speed shop that helps expand my knowledge of my one and only baby for the next 10 years :wink: Merry Christmas to all and drive safe this holiday season! :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BIG BTW.... i also wish to keep this car 100% streetable as i will be driving this car ALWAYS :D in better weather :cool: thanks in advance for any replys and i hope to meet a few of you down at the biggest and baddest supra meet ever this coming march :D i cant wait to see all your cars just SPANK :spank: vette's and vipers!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
He wants 600-700 RWHP. He wants it by the end of this Summer and he's just bought a silver TT to do it with. He's buying th ecar in Houston and would like some help finding a shop down there to do the work and explain to him how it all works. Hopefully they will show him how to drive a 600+ HP car withut killing himself or someone else while they're at it.

He has $10K set aside for the car. But only $8K he'll spend on the turbo kit (single) and that includes the fuel system and install. Apparently the other $2K is for spoilers or somthing - I couldn't figure that part out. While he's at it he wouldliek this car to be 100% streetable, have no lag, and maybe do his laundry for him. Oh allright, maybe not the laundry but the rest of the stuff he wants. I ASSume he would like all of this power on pump gas and stock electronics?

IMO - $10K ain't doing it. Turbo kit will be what $6K or so? (I like the SP stuff so far, lot's of good reports there) Plus install. Plus fuel - $900 for injectors and rail, a little more for a pump too? Then there's the couple hundred in electronics to handle that power, tuning, and yeah I guess the clutch will be smoked so replace that. If it's an auto then he's in for a couple grand in the tranny at least. He wants to be able to beat a 10-11sec Honda when he's done. (shrug)

How's that for a translation? ;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL thanks guys :D yeah sorry for the confusion i was kinda in a rush...ihowever i never implied "NO LAG" i said with as little lag as possibly achievable... and yes about 8-9k in mods the other 1-2k in bumper, skirts and and paint ( a buddies gonna paint it for me at the collision center he works at) i know a 600 hp car is DEFINATELY not a toy. hence why i want to do it gradually stay bpu or even ++ for awhile and take it to the local autoX course with a few buddies. and i've heard nothing but amazing stuff about the SP series turbosi've been looking into the sp-70 actually produces over 100 horses more than the 63 with less lag?? sounds pretty groundbreaking to me :blue: and because SP is just a short drive across the border and ive heard amazing feedback i think i've made a decision ;) btw its a 6spd
AMAZING translation to omair you must be a professor ;)
but if it CANNOT be done then i might as well wait till next year and keep the car at bpu++ for a year to get used to it. btw the way i've taken courses from instructors of the ferrari club as my buddies fathers a member. i promise ill be good ;) well except at the track :D and i could care less if i can beat that civic but if i can its just icing on the cake. later and merry christmas

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I'd go BPU first, add fuel, then consider bumping the power up further. That's pretty much my line of upgrades except I've not got money banked for a single yet (lol).

I figure BPU will haul butt and I may find that it's fast enough for me. However when\if one of the turbos blow I'll be MUCH more serious about going to a single. The SP turbos look like my first choice too. When I get to that point I'll call them up and ask for advice before choosing a particular kit. I too am not real big on power that comes on like a lightswitch or lags really bad. I have NO idea what my ultimate HP goal is and it'll depend on how the car performs. Low 11's is where I'd like to be but if I don't get there I've got another car I can get there with cheaper and easier (shrug).

·
1,522 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Greddy T-78. The lag isn't as bad as you would think and you can easily get the hp in the 600 range. Angel ran a [email protected] with the T-78.

I would recomend this setup.

Greddy T-78 $3,800
Powerhouse fuel $2,500
HKS VPC $1,200
HKS EVC $350
Greddy FMIC $1600
Apex NI $350
HKS shorty DP $175
Boost gauge $100
EGT gausge $150
Apex Air/fuel con $350
RPS clutch $500

So you are looking at aournd $11,075 and this is assuming that you install everything yourself and that I didn't forget anything. But this will buy you 10 seconds at the track and 600 + at the dyno.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
I would recomend this setup.

Greddy T-78 $3,800(average price)
sp fuel $2,100<---on sale right now i belive

AEM PLUG&PLAY EMS/need laptop $1,400

blitz ,greddy or hksFMIC $1600(average)
Apex NI $350
HKS shorty DP $175
Boost gauge $100
EGT gauge electrical $250
blitz dsbcid boost controler $450

RPS stage3 clutch w/new flywheel $1200
misc. $600.00

you are looking at aournd $12,025 and this is assuming that you install everything yourself !

so get to www.mkiv.com and start reading!

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
can you tell me where you can get apex n1 for 350? I have not seen it that cheap, thanks.

·
1,522 Posts
The Vein Pressure Converter (VPC) converts both air flow meter and air mass sensor systems to speed density systems by utilizing a cpu reading its own intake air temperature sensor and absolute pressure transducer signals. So basically, it gets rid of your Mass air flow meter and it is a must have to dump more fuel with larger injectors.

The HKS EVC=electronic valve controller, which is the same thing as a boost controller.

Yea, my fault, the Apex N1 is right around $420.......not $350.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW thanks for the the setups guys :D

ranger and boosted those setups sound kickin but i think im gonna go with the sp-70 larry sure as hell sounds like the kind of guy who knows EXACTLY what hes doing! Im gald i came to this forum as there is lots of ppl here with vast knowledge of the supra... definately what i need. Hopefully soon ill be able to contribute soon. I actually made my first purchase for my car today... SECURITY CAMERA! :D LBKMGK i agree with you 100% once i go BPU++ and get it tuned nicly i might have enough power.... for the moment ;) well one things for sure this is going to be a massive change from a whopping 127 horses :eek:
i also have a bet with a certain person with a brand spanking new z06 ... come on why pay for university books when you can race for em ;) however even if i win at the strip hes still driving home in a vette :rolleyes: thanks again for the advice guys and cant wait to see all of you at the meet... always looking for new ideas ;)

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
I understand you never used to drive & own fast car. My suggestion - if you want to keep alive, Get used to Supra (stock) it is really super fast car and remember - power is coming from rear wheels - a lot of problems driving curve when turbo kick = slide and BOOOOOM. Get use to it!!!! I am serious. Minimum for 3 months

Than make BPU - drive and get familiar with 400rwhp!!!! = DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Minimum for 3 months. If you are still alive that go with single.

Good luck and remember Supra is very safe car but it is super hiper fast & dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts