Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I searched around and couldnt find a thread regarding this......

My Blitz BOV was leaking oil really bad so yesterday I got a new one the HKS Super BOV. Driving down the road to test it out everything seemed smooth as butter but then I started to get backfire and poping in my exhaust like Im running rich. Then a while later the car died while I was coasting in 3rd gear ohnoes: All night long the car would try to die going down to about 600rpms and then back up to 900 folowed by the check engine light.
I'm thinking vacuum leak? I don't know what would cuase the car to run rich, idle funny, and die? :wtflol: Could it be that the new BOV lets out more air? What should I do to fix it? Your thoughts please.....

Jen*

· The Radiator Man
1,502 Posts
try tightening up the BOV a bit. I had a problem similar with mine when I first bought the sup from my buddy. It would die a lot, so I tightened it a little bit, and it kept dying for a bit, so I just kept doing it till it was perfect. My rpm's still drop down and my engine wants to shut off, but it doesn't.

· Registered
3,136 Posts
Typically you need to adjust a bov to a engine. If the spring is not set firm enough it will be nothing but a boostleak. But if it's to firm you will get compressor surge.

By the way, how does a bov leak oil ? That oil has to come from somewhere if you ask me. And it probably has something to do with the car running a bit shitty too.

· Registered
3,169 Posts
Is the bov brand new? Its possible that the bov is letting out to much air. Oh and your bov shouldnt be leaking oil, that means that you have a lot of oil in your intercooler pipes. To take care of that you should get a catch can to catch the oil from the pcv system. Also how many miles are on your turbo?

· The Radiator Man
1,502 Posts
turbonator82 said:
oops it's an older one but it's not adjustable
:wtflol: do I do now?!
pray your car doesn't blow up! :rofl:
I have no idea.
sell that BOV and get an adjustable?
I have a greddy type s(i think it's it's s? haha) and it's adjustable, loud and works great. I like it.

· Registered
3,169 Posts
Im running the new style hks with no problems at all. I have had it die on me once after accelerating but thats bout it. In my opinion its one of the best bovs you can get. I have read that if you run the hks with the stock bpv you wont have the problem with the car dieing.

· Registered
3,818 Posts
or just get a recirculation kit for it.

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
ever since i have owned my first turbo supra I have always ran the hks in my 3 last turbo supras and they always did that same thing i always thought it was normal so i learned to compenate for it. the hks bov i have now is self adjusting it does idle and die sometimes but ive learned how to prevent it from dieing...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.