Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
New Mexico Boost Frog
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my supra and has blitz bov on a hard pipe installed.
The previous owner ran the larger tube from intake mani to BOV. And left the one to stock BOV that runs along 3000 pipe open and stock BOV just sitting on turbo inlet pipe.

1. I'm guessing this isn't the best or cleanest install ever. But I'm super noob so... What needs to be plugged off and routed where.

2. I searched 48 pages and could'nt find a good thread. So please don't flame me.

3. How much boost can I run safely with mods listed below? (plus an intake soon) :)

Thanks for all your help.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
You are going to want to cap the 3000 pipe and accordian ports where the stock BOV orginally plugged in. You can get the caps at a parts store. IIRC, they are 3/4". It sounds like the aftermarket BOV is installed correctly, it just needs a vac source.

G

·
just curious about the hookup. I know its highly recommended to mount the BOV as close to the TB as possible, but where do most of you guys attach the 2nd line that exits the BOV(not the return, but the one which senses pressure differences)? I am wondering if it would be better if attached at the intercooler rather than at the compressor housing as this would intercept the pressure difference sooner. Any ideas?

·
New Mexico Boost Frog
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK

Thanks,
I figured out part of it. Its t'd off the intake manifold. But know I'm losing boost pressure. It's only boosting like 4-5 in first-third now. Where could I by losing boost from. It was boosting like 6-7 in every gear and 8 in fifth. Then I accidentlly hooked up factory and Blitz BOV at the same time. Now I un hooked the factory BOV and capped the hard pipe by the 3000 pipe.

Where could my boost have gone? And what do think max boost is with current setup?

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
You are going to want to remove the stock BOV and cap the accordion end as well. It will leak without a boost source to help hold it closed under boost.

With full exhaust, intake and a FCD, you should be ok with 12-14psi.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Hook em both up.. that way you will never get any stall when you let off. Just make sure your stocker is in good shape, or upgrade it to the BOSCH.

·
New Mexico Boost Frog
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

OK Thanks but which one do I do use both or take of the stocker?

And now I'm boosting even less. I only boosting like 4-5 pounds in like 1st to 4th. Any common places for boost leaks in intake piping after market BOV kit?

Other question the line that hooks to the BOV and the pipe behind the 3000 pipe is sucking in right?

And when I bought it the stock BOV was just there disconnected and the Blitz one was t'd to the intake mani line. A little stalling after pulls, but was boosting hard. Like peaking past eight in 5th.

Now I have got like 4 or 5 in first? What should stock be ?

Thanks so much for all the help!
:D

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Re: Thanks

KermitTheFrayer said:
OK Thanks but which one do I do use both or take of the stocker?
Your call. Quite a few people leave the stock in there as well as the aftermarket one to prevent any stalling during shifts. With just the external BOV, the car will momentarily run very rich when you shift under boost which may or may not cause the car to stall.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Are you running all hardpipes to the intercooler? If the one from the turbo to the intercooler is still rubber, it could have a crack in it. That would cause your boost leak.

It's a PITA to get to, it runs from the bottom of the turbo to the bottom of the intercooler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts