Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Has anyone ever compared a JDM 3SGTE's bov to the stock 1JZ one? I was looking at an MR2 friend of mine's BOV, and it looked extremely similiar, if not identical.

Has anyone ever tried using 3sgte kits?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
If you're looking for a spare block-off plate, i Might have one. I can look if you really want.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
..'Bout time :D Sure i'll look around this weekend and i'll let you know later via PM.

Bryan

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry man, being married, working 50 hr/week, doing online school full time and graduating with my 4 year in june along with the swap has been a lot on my plate:)

Trev

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Wow, now i feel bad. :( Didn't know that you had all that going on. I keep fogetting here that not all of us are in our 20's and "free."

I really appreciate your dedication though. BTW i PMed you.

Thanks again,

Bryan

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Trev, not sure if you got the email but i do have that block off plate as well as all the mounting hardware to mount a BOV to the 1JZ, everything except for the BOV itself.

You have first dibs, but if someone else in interested then i'm willing to work out a deal.

Bryan

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BigTSetter said:
Wow, now i feel bad. :( Didn't know that you had all that going on. I keep fogetting here that not all of us are in our 20's and "free."

I really appreciate your dedication though. BTW i PMed you.

Thanks again,

Bryan

Hey man...who said anything about me being old???? :) I am only 21 ;)

Trev

Let's see some pics of the set up bryan!

Trev

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
mr2 bov plate will not fit, i have both a mr2 and 1jz bov and there both different. The plate looks similar but the 1jz is 1/2 inch longer, and single hole to mount the bov are both different.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
why dont u just use 2 caps and block off where the hose goes? thats whats been done to mine...

·
Registered
183 Posts
i just got a hks ssqv kit for the 1jz and it comes with the block of plate ect, it is a very nice set up

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I suggest that you make a cardboard copy of what you need and then take it to a machine shop and they can duplicate your copy. Cost would be like $20 MAYBE

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
MR2 is backwards, the part with the flange is the pressure side

on ours the part with the flange is the vacuum side, so the mr2 kits do not really help at all.

If there is interest in 15 bolt on block off plates I can have them made.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
MR2 is backwards, the part with the flange is the pressure side

on ours the part with the flange is the vacuum side, so the mr2 kits do not really help at all.

If there is interest in 15 bolt on block off plates I can have them made. Someone should do a poll or something. It would be like $20 a piece but it would be a quality machined exact piece that bolts in.

I figure if you can afford a 1J, you can swing $20.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts