Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm in the next month or so, I will be transplanting a 2JZ-GTE motor into my GS300. I will be needing a BOV and was looking for 2 criteria:

1) I want one that makes a 'fluttering' sound on FULL boost release...and not just on low boost. (how the old IMSA race cars sound)

2) I would like the loudest BOV for the stock twins.

I was told that the HKS Type II makes the flutter noises at all times, but I have no clue. Anything you guys can help me out with would be appreciated!

Allen

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
well i dont know about the sound as i look more for perfomance than sound but for my stock twins the hks ss bov sounded nice for performance you cant beat the hks race II bov or the tial bov!

·
0 Posts
x-tnsiv said:
Hello all,

I'm in the next month or so, I will be transplanting a 2JZ-GTE motor into my GS300. I will be needing a BOV and was looking for 2 criteria:

1) I want one that makes a 'fluttering' sound on FULL boost release...and not just on low boost. (how the old IMSA race cars sound)

2) I would like the loudest BOV for the stock twins.

I was told that the HKS Type II makes the flutter noises at all times, but I have no clue. Anything you guys can help me out with would be appreciated!

Allen

will you be changing to a manual trans too? if you are , which one(5 or 6 spd.).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the Tial BOV louder or a better performer than the HKS Race Type II? I know that it is MUCH cheaper. I would love to have the fluttering sound, but if I can't find one...then I'd better get the best performing.

I'm sticking with auto TT tranny out of the Aristo front clip. It's going to be my daily driver and clientel car. I'll just be able to get them there faster than anyone else! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I guess that the Type II does make the fluttering sound then...

can anyone tell me if they have one, or have heard one on a BPU Supra? if this thing really does flutter, I guess I wouldn't mind paying a little more $$$.

Thanks again!
Allen

D

·
0 Posts
I have an A'PEXi twin chamber adjustable mounted on the hard pipe in the drivers side bumper air intake......

'tis mad loud!!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Are you sure you want the fluttering? I've got the Type II and I actually don't care for it. It sounds great when I have full boost and the BOV does a full release but under low boost the fluttering sounds like compressor surge and it bugs me. =)
I only have mine for functionality.

x-tnsiv said:
well I guess that the Type II does make the fluttering sound then...

can anyone tell me if they have one, or have heard one on a BPU Supra? if this thing really does flutter, I guess I wouldn't mind paying a little more $$$.

Thanks again!
Allen

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
silvino said:
Are you sure you want the fluttering? I've got the Type II and I actually don't care for it. It sounds great when I have full boost and the BOV does a full release but under low boost the fluttering sounds like compressor surge and it bugs me. =)
I only have mine for functionality.

Hey Silvino,

so does the BOV make the fluttering sound under full boost as well? or just at half boost like the other BOV's?

and are you running the stock twins?

I REALLY want a different sound of BOV than everyone else.

Thanks again,
Allen

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to ask one more thing....

I spoke with someone this morning who said that the Type II BOV was VERY quiet compared to the SSBOV. is this correct? If so, I'd just rather go with something else and save the $$$.

I really want it for the sound and loudness.

Allen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts