Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to install a SSQV bov on the driver side piping just under the headlight. I'm wondering if I could weld the flange so I can fully see the BOV from the front bumper side vent or put it so you can't see it from the vent...This is not my daily driver but will sand/natural elements break the bov seal or cause premature wearing?

This is for all the guys with bov experience...is it better to hide it under the hood somewhere or can I get a little flashy? The car never goes in the rain or anything...

thanks all

-Chris

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
No need to get flash when i can just rev the engine and hear the bad boy work :). I think this is possible, but a better approach would be to do what the guy in turbo magazine did and cut a clear window on teh hood of his car to show off the engine.

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
I have seen some people mount it on the lower front mount pipe. Not sure if theres a problem with this though. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I have mine on the passenger side air duck(where stock smic used to be) you can have a flange welded under the hood right by the turbo or you can have it welded on the IC pipe that connects to the TB. If i remember correctly, having it closer to the TB gives better response of the bov and having it closer to the turbo reduces or eliminates turbo surge. I've had mine on both sides(not at the same time) and had no problems with either setup.

·
Read Only
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
nice nice...! I intend to put another one same place but passenger side...that thing is going to be mean!! mine is a SSQV so the valve faces toward the front of the car..keep them coming i want to see :)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
you want it as close to the TB as possible, this being said I mounted mine right after the IC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts